Subject Author Posted Replies

Fastening Corrugated Metal Roofing
I have a lean-to that was originally covered with that cheap translucent green corrugated fiberglass material. It's leaking pretty bad. I've got friends who want to keep stuff in this lean-to...
4
4

Leather Couch Cleaner and Conditioner
What cleaner/conditioner should I use on leather furniture?
2
2

OT - AT&T Usenet officialy gone
as mad as the third monkey on Noah's gangplank. http://tinyurl.com/n9t4tb
14
14

Stove burner help
My gf has a stove with 4 burners. Its an old stove. 2 of the burners do not work well, when you turn it on some parts of the circle do not get lit. Perhaps the holes are clogged or something? I know...
5
5

Which Exterior Door to Buy?
Will be replacing all the exterior doors on a forty year old house. Need some guidance from you guys as to what name brands to purchase or not. Lowes offers the Relia Bilt brand. Home Depot offers the...
4
4

Calculating gallons used by a toilet
I searched the internet and found some different formulas for calculating the volume of water used by a toilet. I took measurements of a toilet made in the 1950's and the inside measurements of...
21
21

plumbing: how tight should you have to crank a union
I got a union to help connect up a whole house filter since the filter has threaded inlets and it had some elbows nearby. I figured this would make it possible to remove stuff later since I could...
12
12

What To Look For In A Refrigerator?
Hi, We are about to replace our 28 year old Kenmore with a new refrigerator. An ice maker is a given. I've looked at similar looking refrigerators that range from $800 to $2500. I would assume the...
62
62

Replace drain under sink
I have a laundry tub that i want to replace the Drain pipe but it goes into a lead drain in the concrete floor. How do i remove & install a new one without melting or damageing the lead ?
2
2

space heaters
It is important to carefully inspect your electric space heater on a regular basis. If you notice any problems you should turn it off and unplug it. If it is still under a warranty you can get it...

What causes air in water pipes?
I've already posted this, but I screwed up the Subject line. My husband passed away recently and my brain is only on half power. Also, he used to take care of these kind of issues. Sorry about the...
30
30

Tip: Working in hot attic
I just had a conversation with a chap who's putting more insulation in his attic. I jokingly reminded him to start at 3:00 a.m. to avoid the 135°F attic temps we've been experiencing locally....
12
12

Water Heater Supply Line clearance?
Was wondering if anyone has an answer to this. When using the flexible hot water lines made by fluidmaster. The ones with the rubber core & braided steel cover. What is the minimum distance they can...
3
3

Take a look at this questionable floor support.
interior walls had dropped away from the ceiling about a half inch in the middle of the floor, so I went to check the condition of the floor center of the floor is supported by 3 2x8s (or maybe...
12
12

Are termites likely to get through the gravel at the bottom of a fencepost?
I set a 4x4 pressure treated post in a 3 foot deep hole with about 3 inches of leftover driveway gravel in the bottom and concrete all around and up the post. Are termites likely to find their way up...
3
3