Subject Author Posted Replies

self-defrosting refridgerator freezing up ?
my self-defrosting (Fridgedair - upright and side by side) fridge is freezing up on a weekly cycle. If i defrost the **cooling coils** in the freezer manually on Monday the coils are frozen/frosted up...
13
13

Kitchen cabinet - Stain cheap wood
I live on a tight budget. The kitchen cabinets are old, rotten and I'm about to have a set of cabinet built by my amateur brother. He said he can do it. I like the cabinet to be stained, perhaps...
7
7

Fixing an Abandoned, but New Mower
OK, the mower. The neighbor across the street moved and left his mower with other neighbor across the street. It's a nice walk behind mower with multiple walking speeds. Neighbor offered the mower...
23
23

Poulan Pro lawn mower
I regret nor having checked here first, but I bought a Poulan Pro lawn mower and am returning it. It is the sorriest mower that I have experience in over 50 years of mowing my lawn. Problem involving...
2
2

Humor
A wealthy man decided to go on a safari in Africa. He took his faithful pet dachshund along for company. One day, the dachshund starts chasing butterflies and before long the dachshund discovers that...
1
1

Repainting roof soffit and eaves.
Have cleaned off loose/flaking white trim paint from the wooden edge board and metal flashing and from underside of the two foot overhanging soffits of our roof and now ready to repaint. House roof is...
4
4

What's the difference between Red Rosin paper and Brown builders paper?
The borg has rolls of both right next to each other. Minor differences in width and length of roles. I know that red rosin paper was traditionally used beneath hardwood floors. But is there any...
2
2

Repair decaying wooden gutter
We have some "architectual" wooden gutters, a portion of which is decaying/rotting from the inside. Since the decaying run is only about 6 feet long and since replacing it would be very expensive, I...
10
10

Why doesnt someone come out with a highly-relfective T-shirt for outside Workmen ??
I moved to Florida and practically live in White T-shirts and shorts ; the White T-shirts are far cooler than colored T-shirts ... but why hasnt someone come up with reflective T-shirts ?? Im sure...
16
16

Microwave gone crazy
GE 700w microwave JES735, purchased around 2003. Reasonably good service until this week. I close the door, it starts itself (fan, lite come on) with nothing on the timer. Sometimes it shuts itself...
4
4

Fastening Corrugated Metal Roofing
I have a lean-to that was originally covered with that cheap translucent green corrugated fiberglass material. It's leaking pretty bad. I've got friends who want to keep stuff in this lean-to...
4
4

Leather Couch Cleaner and Conditioner
What cleaner/conditioner should I use on leather furniture?
2
2

OT - AT&T Usenet officialy gone
as mad as the third monkey on Noah's gangplank. http://tinyurl.com/n9t4tb
14
14

Stove burner help
My gf has a stove with 4 burners. Its an old stove. 2 of the burners do not work well, when you turn it on some parts of the circle do not get lit. Perhaps the holes are clogged or something? I know...
5
5

Which Exterior Door to Buy?
Will be replacing all the exterior doors on a forty year old house. Need some guidance from you guys as to what name brands to purchase or not. Lowes offers the Relia Bilt brand. Home Depot offers the...
4
4