Subject Author Posted Replies

Condensation
I have been finding water on the floor in my kitchen and utility areas for the last several mornings. It has been terribly hot here for the last few weeks and the air conditioners have been running...
5
5

Skylight for flat roof access
I am having trouble finding a skylight to meet the following specifications: 1. Fit existing (external dimension) curb of ~35" x 50" 2. Work on (existing) minimal pitched curb (roof is flat, curb is...
1
1

sandfilter
I have just moved into a property that hsa a inground pool, I noticed that the multi selector valve was on recirculation and has been for 8 months since the pool was built when I put the multi valve...
2
2

Inclusion of Clause -- Missed Deadline -- How?
One of my friends just finished a bathroom remodel where the contractor not only finished ahead of schedule but undercost. My friend mentioned that he always puts two clauses in any contracts; a...
13
13

Buidling a base for a plastic shed
My sister in-law bought a plastic shed at Costco (Keter Bellevue) with floor dimensions of 100.5" x 80.5". ("")Someone at Home Depot said that she should set it on a pad of concrete blocks that sit on...
12
12

House Air Conditioner
Hello, My son and his wife will have to replace their house air conditioner. Live in Mass. Typical 3 bedroom Split style. I'm trying to help them out a bit, but certainly no expert with this. Unit...
11
11

Attic fan? Whole house fan? Neither? Both?
Hello again! I ran a search, and I am nor confused than ever, plus I have some other info from a contractor. We have a 2 story, 2400 square foot "modern colonial" home (from what I am told). LOL Here...
25
25

Gluing aluminum to glass
Got a question regarding an upcoming repair job: how to adhere an aluminum strip to glass. Client has a glass shower that had a metal channel attached to the bottom of the door (glass) that had come...
49
49

Please help. drywall dust damage
Our basement flooded in January and we had to replace the sheet rock. There was also an area of popcorn ceiling at the entry into the basement. We hired some one to resheet rock and remove popcorn...
18
18

CF wierdness, glowing flickering turned off
Came home tonight to find my CF bulb on my exterior door light flickering and barely glowing. Assumed the new bulb was bad till I got inside to turn off the switch and found it already off. I guess I...
15
15

HF Oscillating Multi-Function Tool
Actually got to use it today for a classic rot application - replace bottom couple of feet of brick molding at garage. Personally, I'd just replace the entire length but it was for someone...
17
17

Circuit breakers and breaker box
I had a electrician install a new breaker box on the outside of my house where the old one was. The install was done Friday and yesterday, Sunday (house is vacant) I found the main breaker tripped and...
31
31

John Deere Mower
I have had a JD ride on mower for a year now (LA165 I believe) and find that every time I go to start it, the battery is dead or nearly dead. Surely, this is not normal. Any idea what the problem...
14
14

Best way to get spots out of a carpet?
Best way to get spots out of a tan carpet? From experience please. TIA Lou
30
30

pool sandfilter
Hi All I have just move into a new home with a inground pool, although I know how to clean the pool I need some help with the situation I'm in, the pool was put in at least 8 months ago and when I...
2
2