Subject Author Posted Replies

CFL won't fit in porch light.
Our outside porch light is fitted with an incandescent long-life 130 volt bulb (50 watts IIRC); currently we are using the second of two such bulbs we bought some 10 to 15 years ago. The bulb is...
9
9

Epoxy Concrete Paints
I have been looking at the various epoxy paints for garage and basement floors. I did some googling on the subject and found everything from super to terrible. I suspect the terrible review were...
1
1

Paint? Poly? - how to UV protect epoxy coating on wood gutters?
As per an earlier thread, I ended up epoxy coating one decayed wooden gutter (with multiple coats and some fiberglass) and one undecayed wooden gutter that I just surface coated with the intention of...
7
7

Add a room
Bomb shelters you can buy now, from Popular Mechanics. a company based in Texas: Home: got several offerings. The smallest can withstand a 10KT nuclear air blast and protect ten people for a really...
11
11

11 yo top loading Sears washing machine prob
washing machine has started to apparently leak small amounts of grease or oil on laundry. Is it time for a new one? Last year spent $99 on its first repair (leak).
5
5

Excuse OT question re buffing out a windshield scuff.
What product or process could be used to polish out a significant winter scuff of the windshield of our not much driven (80,000 kilometres = about 50,000 miles since new in 2002) Nissan Frontier...
5
5

Polish Plexiglass Edge
I am installing some plexiglss shelves cut for 5/16 thick plexiglass and I want to polish the edges. Is this a DIY task. I would like to bring the edges to the same clarity as the face of the glass....
13
13

Regulator for air compressor
I've had a cheap Harbor freight air compressor for a few years & it has paid for itself. So when the regulator stripped out, I went to the blue borg and bought a replacement off their rack. But...
4
4

Power vents for a gas tank water heater
Are all the power vent kits about the same for a gas tank water heater? Can anyone comment on the installation? Currently I have a "gravity feed" double tube vents to the side of the house (no...
5
5

How to open this cleanout?
I have a 40 year old cast iron sewer line and there is a cleanout in the middle of my concrete driveway. believe it is a two way cleanout (with two openings) like this: it obviously has not been...
26
26

Hot Porch Roof
I have a large front porch with a roof about 8 feet up. It is open on the bottom so you see the sheathing and joists (2x6's). When the sun is on it the heat really radiates down to the porch area...
21
21

390 Corner bead
Anyone ever seen a Model 390 Corner bead cap from Pla-Cor. want to purchase a Model "390" corner cap, but the only one I can find on-line is $30. Found one a Menards, but it was a "Bull nose" version...
1
1

Home Repair Products & Services
Check out Deals Going on Now ! http://gentleenterprize.biz
2
2

120VAC Thermostat
I need to find a thermostat to control a 120VAC, 60 Watt (thus 1/2 Amp) resistive load. I want to turn on a heater when the temperature drops below about 35 degrees F. Where should I look for a good,...
8
8

what size fitting for sink toilet connection
I am changing bath sink faucet and toilet. I am confused what I need for connection hose. The old faucet has two copper tubings 6" coming down, seems to be 1/4", with two male fittings ( cannot...
5
5