Subject Author Posted Replies

Question regarding Kitchen Renovation - order of installation.
When renovating a kitchen using ceramic tile as flooring..... are the base cabinets installed in place and then the ceramic tile, or is the entire floor finished first and then the base cabinets put...
12
12

Star Drive Deckamte Screws Suck
In theory, you'd think the star drive Deckmate screws would be a good thing. Unfortunately, the quality of the Home Depot screws negates that theory. While building my shed over the weekend, I...
35
35

Urethane Finish Being Absorbed
I'm trying to waterproof the top edges of some wooden bathroom cabinet doors that get dripped on from the sink top. The top edges are beveled at 45 degree angle to the counter top so the wood is...
4
4

Shower water is luke warm on some days
Two of the four showers in our house have the same problem. Some days the water is hot and fine, but some days the water is just luke warm and not comfortable for showering. When the shower water is...
5
5

Need more help with shower door then Hom Depo provided, I HOPE!
My shower doors each roll on 2 wheels from which they hang. The wheels no longer roll, they are just worn out. They do slide and I can live with it if I have to, but I'd rather not. Home Depot...
5
5

Wiring Question
I'm doing some remodel work in my kitchen and will be adding some new circuits and replacing some old. A few months from now, I'm going to do some extensive electrical work (new service...
37
37

Electrical panel upgrade
Hello, My wife and I are purchasing a house that was built around 1952. It has two 60 amp circuit breakers that we want to upgrade. The sellers have central AC and I guess the 120 worked for them but...
5
5

Help! Can't remove old shower door
Hi all, I'm trying to remove my old shower door (and install a new one). The problem I have so far is removing the old side rails. I removed the head rail and the door panels. But the left/right...
7
7

Do Pella outlets compete with each other?
Hi, I got a quote from a Pella shop and I'm contemplating taking it to another Pella shop to see if they would beat it. Does anybody know whether this could be fruitful. Thanks, Aaron
3
3

Electric mower / trimmer?
Hi all, I've a friend who is losing a battle with some 4' tall, fibrous weeds on her 1/4 acre lot. I bought a gas powered brush cutter and knocked them over once but they are back. friend does...
100
100

Blowing drains
Once in a while, I have need to clear a clogged drain line from an AC unit. Now, is one of those times. I've got a maybe job. We'll know in a couple days if I have the job or not. Big system,...
43
43

Save money
I hear you can save 400 dollars switching to GEICO. Then switch to Allstate and save another 400 dollars. Then switch to Progressive and save another 300 dollars. Now you're making money. Just...
23
23

waterbed mattress
My waterbed mattress has finally sprung a leak after 22 years of use. It was made in Canada and high quality. Now I'm confused which brand is a good one or which ones to avoid. I like semi-wave...
3
3

New granite - is this acceptable
Hi, I just had a new granite counter top installed in a new bathroom. We don't have much experience with this kind of thing and noticed this on the back splash (see image). The line you can...
22
22

Electric Planer vs Sander & How to square a piece of wood with a table saw.
I was wondering if anyone could give me any help, tips or pointers about using an electric planer. How do you know if it is best to use a planer or a sander? For example, I have a wooden cutting board...
4
4