Subject Author Posted Replies

Need recomendation for quiet compact refrigerator
I need recommendation for *quiet* compact refrigerator, up to about 20 inches across and 32 inches tall.
9
9

Uses for Nason 481-16 Select Thinner?
I've got about a half gallon of Nason 481-16 Select Thinner left over from a spraying project I was involved. I bought the materials, but somebody else did the spraying - I don't own a spray...
2
2

How many can lights do I need to light my basement.
Finishing my basement and I need to calculate the number of can lights needed to install in the drop ceiling. Dimensions are approx 21' x 22' and 7'7" high. I read one post recommending a...
8
8

air leak test question
Hello, I have a 2600 sq ft four level split home. I had a representative from energuide do a household energy efficient rating on our home. ... He shut up the entire house and then installed a series...
3
3

Garage door hard to open/close
Fopr [censored] years I have struggled with garage door that is not "off its trolley" (overhead carrier), but has subsided, (or the earth has subsided; it's on concrete) such that the door scrapes...
4
4

Securing a Tundra Camper Shell on Two Saw Horses for Storage
See Subject. The shell weighs about 70-100 pounds and is about 3-4' off the ground on two saw horse sets. It's outside and will remain there for many moths. It feels pretty solid, but there is...
10
10

occasional air bubble in toilet
One of the toilets in the house has an intermittent issue with air bubbles. Occasionally, when just sitting there unused, a single bubble of air will 'blurp' as it reaches the water surface in...
21
21

Moss on slate roof
Hi, On the north side of my house I have moss on the slate roof. I'm concerned that it's pushing the slates apart. My roof is 90 years old. How do I combat this problem? Thanks, Aaron
20
20

Brass cleanout plugs
I have a few brass cleanout plugs on cast iron risers, they probably have not been opened in 30 years and would not come out. I tried a 18" wrench and even a chisel with a hammer to try to drift it...
14
14

OT: Home Repair Puzzle Offshoot
Not really home repair related but amusing. When I visited the Mayflower one in Plymouth MA, there were people on the ship who dressed, talked and played the part of no knowledge of anything beyond...
6
6

What happened to----
What ever happened to the poster who had a problem with a ride on running for a short time then shuting off. After a period of time it would start and shut off again. The guy or gal was going to try...
7
7

Geyser water heater heat pump.
It makes distilled water. It heats the water for your water heater (you can cut the power on it) It dehumidifys your basement. It uses less than one third the power (runs on 110). Anybody tried one...
18
18

Electrical wiring: the "last inch"
The sub-thread up yonder about using 15-amp switches on 20-amp circuits got me to thinking. Actually, have been wondering about this for a long time, so here goes. The thing is, we have circuits where...
38
38

2 Paint questions
Which interior paint is best for 1 coat coverage ? What do think a Painter would charge to paint an average room ? Say 15x 12 ft.
16
16

Recycling CFLs: yeah, right!
In another thread discussing CFLs and their disposal, someone posted a link to what seems to be the more-or-less "official" fluorescent-lamp recycling site: site. But if one delves a little into the...
14
14