Subject Author Posted Replies

FA or FS
Why is the abbrev for For Sale written as FA?
1
1

Building a deck, stain now or later?
As I mentioned in an earlier thread, I'm having a deck built by a contractor that I don't completely trust. So when he gives me advice that seems out of the ordinary, I tend to question it....
13
13

Anyone own ALUMINUM scaffold?
I cant move heavy weights around well do to back injury Yet I need some scaffolding for around house Anyone own aluminum scaffolding and can tell me how they like it?
4
4

Where can I buy this broad spectrum fungicide (Abound, Amistar, Bankit, Heritage, and Quadris) ?
I'm wondering if there is a home-owner or over-the-counter source for a fungicide with the active ingredient azoxystrobin. Azoxystrobin is a broad spectrum preventive and curative systemic...
2
2

Wiring Garage/shop
As you know I am working on wiring a detached garage/shop. I am a newbie. I have attached a link to my work thus far. I am having a little trouble figuring out how to route everything. Any helpful...
25
25

Building a deck, Q about top railing
I'm having my deck rebuilt by what I thought was a professional, but we're on day 2 and I'm having my doubts on his competence. I've already had to make him fix 3 rather large errors,...
13
13

adding a shutoff valve
I want to add a shutoff valve to an existing 3/4 inch copper water line, using solder fittings. If I cut into the line and create a space large enough for the valve, will there be enough flex in the...
7
7

Wet Bathroom Wall
I'm sure this has been covered before, but I didn't see it with a quick search-- if you'll forgive a noob-- I've got a wet bathroom wall, tiled surround, outside wall. I've pulled...
12
12

FA-Machinist's Workshop Magazines - 8 years of them
August 2000 through January 2009, all issues in excellent condition. See my ad on ebay at: http://tinyurl.com/np23vj

Anybody roll form fascia trim here ?
I have a twenty year old house I built with matching soffit, fascia and guttering until about a year ago, when a tree limb knocked off and destroyed a piece of fascia trim. All efforts has proved...
8
8

Loose outdoor faucet. How to fix?
I'm back with yet another problem. I have a crappy house with cardboard (Masonite) siding and plastic pipes. The outdoor faucet is loose and I'm clueless how to fix it. I don't feel like...
6
6

Lawnmower; Putting Away For the Winter ?
Hi, Question regarding "winterizing" and putting away a lawnmower for the winter: Not sure which is best, (a) or (b) or... ? (a) Put some Staboil in the tank, run for a few minutes so that some of the...
37
37

21 Things a Burglar Won't Tell You
13 Things a Burglar Won't Tell You Of course I look familiar. I was here just last week cleaning your carpets, painting your shutters, or delivering your new refrigerator. 2. Hey, thanks for...
111
111

Knockdown (Skip Trowel) Texture -- how to??
Knockdown (Skip Trowel) Texture as seen here: do I do this just for a small patch (2' x 2')? I don't have a mud sprayer. Any tricks to do this?
12
12

PC-Woody window repair
Continued from our last episode where I was standing around scratching my head trying to figure out what to use to fill the rotted corner of that window sash. Just finished filling it with PC-Woody. I...
11
11