Subject Author Posted Replies

Rain leaks into crawlspace
My house sits on a stuccoed block wall which is on top of a concrete slab. (I use a mechanics creeper to get around in the crawlspace.) Anyway, for some reason the slab was made about 8" larger all...
8
8

Drywall around radiator
I'm remodeling my den and it has radiators that are mounted in the walls. Basically a metal box that extends out of the wall by about 3" and has a loveared cover on the front. The old plaster was...
13
13

Why are snap-on toolboxes so darn expensive?
Well, my first questions is summed up in the subject. I'm seeing these things on craigslist selling for $3k - $12k. Or see ebay item 160364031960 (sorry, this won't archive well). $4k - what...
41
41

Kenmore Microwave Oven goes belly up - twice in 2 years.
Hi Experts, I have discovered which oven not to buy but it's a bit late now. The Model Number is: 72163252301 and, within the warranty, it made a loud pop, then started a very loud buzzing and...
24
24

Postmortem on recalcitrant toilet
> >> I would like to make a couple of points here. First I don't think that there is more than one path for the water to flow there is only one hole in the main body of the toilet that the water goes...
8
8

convert old compressor tank to portable air storage tank?
subject says all, I was given an old air compressor minus the compressor and motor - would like to use it as a portable compressed air tank. McMaster-Carr sells schraeder valve to NPT fittings for...
16
16

Proper way to staple up insulation batts in flat roof?
Hi all: Asked this before but didn't get a reply that specifically addressed the question so I thought I'd try again. I'm putting up fiberglass batts in a flat roof, i.e., the ceiling is...
8
8

Craftsman Lawn Tractor won't drive
I have a 6 year old Craftsman Lawn tractor Model number 917.273750 I mowed the lawn without problem a day ago but when I came to move it again it will not drive forward or reverse The drive belt feels...
8
8

Electrical current disappeared - why?
Hi, Can anyone tell me why the current to a single-pole wall toggle switch that controls a ceiling track lighting assembly would suddenly go from normal strength (lights working properly) to just a...
31
31

Architect services to build an addition
We are planning to build an addition and we are looking for an architect. We are on super tight budget and want to minimize what we need to spend on an architect. What type and level of services does...
31
31

Installing a entry door threshold
I bought a threshold for my entry door. For a profile of the threshold, see: left side of the profile has a GRADUAL slope The right side has a STEEPER slope. Which slope should the door contact?
4
4

Slow running faucet
I recently replaced our kitchen sink and faucet. The faucet is a Kohler Coralais single faucet with a pull out sprayer Model K059149 GR. The wife picked it because it was white to match the new sink....
19
19

Installing threshold
The saddle threshold -- has a gradual slope and a steeper slope. Which slope should my front door contact? http://images.orgill.com/200x200/0039560.jpg--

Lights on reminder?
Hi, Could someone suggest a good solution for reminding my family members that the lights are on in a particular room. For example, if I could have an LED light in a decora format I would be more than...
33
33

Heat Pump Thermostat Replacement
The thermostat on my heat pump is temperamental and needs to be replaced. Since it is simple to replace it, I intend to do it myself, if I can purchase the correct replacement. How can I determine...
16
16