Subject Author Posted Replies

Anyone moved to LED Lighting?
That's a pretty big exception. As a guy who custom builds electronics by hand, I am sure that you realize that even one delicate step in a process, say soldering an SMD component to a circuit board by...
342
342

0W20 oil
Getting ready for the first oil change in my 2009 Matrix and read the owner's manual and found that they recommend 0W20 oil fer this thang. K-Mart doesn't carry it. Menards doesn't carry...
79
79

CRAFTSMAN (Poulan) Chain saw, Model# 358351063
I bought this thing 10-15 years ago and it's had moderate+ use. Before I bought it, it was returned to Sears under warranty, repaired, and I bought it for $50 clearance, under warranty, missing...
5
5

Cash In A Flash - Gas Engine Repair
Cash In A Flash - Gas Engine Repair The morning chill bit through Drake Schnatter's worn jacket as he cruised up the aisles of the weekly flea market. Schnatter's eye scanned the vendor's...
15
15

Kidde AC Powered Wireless Smoke Detectors )interconnected) ?
Hello, Was wondering if anyone is using those relatively new AC powered Kidde Wireless smoke alarms ? They have the capability of being interconnected so if one goes off, they all do. How is the...

Spa Problem
I have a Garden Leisure 8 person spa with jet control buttons # 1 and 2. #1 control works normally....push once for low and twice for high. The second jet area has started coming on by itself. It...
6
6

problems with silicone caulk
Hello, I have been repairing a piece of wood directly under one of my windows with Elmers epoxy and today got to the point where it was time to caulk. I used silicone caulk and wondering if it's a...
31
31

lawn mower engine not starting ?
5.5 hp Brig&Strat vertical shaft lawn mower engine not starting. Original problem ... When starting it went straight to full throttle mode for a few seconds then died (like hitting a kill switch). I...
15
15

Can a one-pipe steam system be separated in to zones?
Just wondering if an electric valve can be put in the pipes that go to the second floor to make it a separately controlled zone. Thanks Dante
9
9

House Wiring Question, Please
Hello, Not to sure how to go about this, and would appreciate any thoughts. Whatever I do, I want to be sure that it is "Code" compliant, fully. Have a quite old smoke detector on ceiling. Doesn't...
6
6

Honda Mower Pull Cord
My Honda mower is an HRX217, I believe. The pull cord to start the machine will not retract. Any suggestions on how to repair this? Is it straightforward, or does it require major repairs?
3
3

Roof torch.
My roofing torch was not putting out much flame the other day so I used a fine needle like tool with a handle to open up the nozzel. I keep it outside with the tank covered with greenhouse plastic....
2
2

What to use to paint metal black?
I don't know if this is home repair or not, but you are the best guys to ask, and I park my car right next to my home. My apologies if this is off topic. If I "paint" metal with a black indelible...
24
24

Sheet metal quality
Thanks to all re my trunk replacement questions. I can find everything I need locally or on-line. Is the gauge of the galvanized steel important? The ductwork is up in the ceiling and will be wrapped...
8
8

Adventures in (commercial) drywall
Firewall. 2 layers of 5/8 (x2, both sides), offset seams, to be "firecaulked" (at $15/12 oz. tube). told these idiots (oh, yeah, we can hang rock, can o' corn!) to plumb their first sheet (of the...
7
7