Subject Author Posted Replies

HOLMES on HOMES
I've never posted in your group, but intentionally looked for something like this. I'm an avid HGTV watcher and one of my favorites shows is HOLMES ON HOMES. What I really like about the...
5
5

Kilz Primer Quality Degradation?
I've been using Kilz for years but I've noticed something. The timing seems to be around the first of the year...during the financial crisis...when everybody and their mother's uncle was...
4
4

Exhaust vent moisture
Do they make some kind of heat tape for wrapping exhaust vents,(over stove). I have water dripping down vents when it gets really cold outside. The house was built 1979 and has metal exhaust. Thanks.
1
1

Time change due
Q: When does the time change back in October 2009? A: November 1st 2009. Confuse me once.
59
59

Pex pipe exposed to sun
Last fall I ran some pex pipe under ground out to the garage. I never got around to hooking it up, 25 foot has been coiled up outside of my garage. I have read UV exposure is bad. How can I tell if my...
10
10

moving a piece of electrical conduit
I've been attempting to install a new ceiling fan in my bathroom. the motor in the old one started making noise, and it was about 20+ years old...so I figured an upgrade was in order. I live in an...
22
22

Paint New Drywall Before Tiling?
I've installed new 1/2" conventional gypsum drywall in the area between my kitchen countertop and the bottom of the wall cabinets. I'm looking for some decorative ceramic tile to use as a...
14
14

Metal cabinet restoration/preservation
I bought about a 6' high x 3' wide AC/DELCO metal cabinet today, plus a horizontal one of about 3' wide and 18" high. Original paint, and nice AC/DELCO lettering on the fronts of the...
3
3

OT: Property available
A lady posted the following profile on a dating service I sometimes access: --- begin quote Built in 1955. One owner from 1974-2006. Traditional in style with potential for redesign. Structure...
19
19

Options to finish wall and ceiling in garage
I have a 2-1/2 car garage built in the 1940's It is all brick and heavy wood, insulation and paneling. The attic is a walk-in type and is also insulated. The wiring is also 1940's... This...
25
25

How to treat PT wood
Hi, I have built a walkway in my front yard. It is lined with pressure treated 4x4's. Is there a way to preserve their appearance somewhat. I've been noticing PT wood in my neighbors'...
4
4

table saw paint
Hi, I have just performed electrolytic derusting on cast iron (or steel?) extensions for a craftsman table saw. The extensions are of this variety: but the top and one of the edges were painted....
4
4

exterior stucco
HI -- we have recently bought a 70's stucco house (what's it called with the embedded sharp bits of rock or quartz). I'm wondering if it's possible to plaster over it (perhaps with...
3
3

Bulding an outdoor basement stairway entrance
I have a property that has an outdoor concrete stairway that leads to a basement entrance. The steps run down below grade along the back wall of the basement to a landing, and then by turning right...
16
16

Toilet issue, Moms
Hi folks, this in from Mom. "comode is not holding water but fills up fine but leaks out over time so must be refilled." Ideas? She'd mean the toilet bowl not the tank.
27
27