Subject Author Posted Replies

Can I install a ceiling?
My detached garage with metal siding has 2x4 trusses spaced 4 feet on center. Can I install a ceiling or will this be too much weight and cause sagging/or other problems?
17
17

2 hole in the wall questions
I've got two situations where I need help with holes in my walls. In the laundry room, the rigid pipe dryer vent is going out through the garage wall, then venting outside. In the winter, the...
5
5

OT: Warm your home with a renewable resource
From the world of The Hard To Believe: "The bodies of thousands of rabbits culled every year from the parks in Stockholm's Kungsholmen neighbourhood are being used to fuel a heating plant in...
6
6

Septic System Question
Hello, Havew the typical septic system with a "chamber" that feeds several perforated pipes in a leaching field. Believe the pipes are nestled in gravel, and covered with soil. These pipes with the...
8
8

reseting GE cooker?
I have a GE profile cooker on which the igniters suddenly stopped working I tried to restart it a few times and the grill igniter suddenly started working again. It now works fine. Does anyone know...
7
7

Milwaukee sawzall "The Hatchet"
I noticed that Milwaukee makes a compacted form of their sawzall which they call the "Hatchet", with the handle being able to rotate in different angles and takes up much less room then their normal...
15
15

Contractor hit a wire while nailing up moulding in kitchen
Had a guy come in to help put up wood moulding in the kitchen. Must have hit a wire becaue it blew a breaker. He pulled the nail out (small nail) and hammered it in elsewhere. Flipped the breaker back...
48
48

Plumbing chatter
I was taking a shower, when the water started a chattering noise, and the spray was a pulsed spray. This came on when the Moen twist dial was in the same position for about two minutes. I changed the...
12
12

how hot should an piston air compressor get
My old Monkey Wards 2 piston, single stage, 6 gallon (guessing), 1 hp, 120V air compressor runs as hot as 180 degrees on the cylinder head when I'm using it a lot. Is that a normal temperature for...
9
9

CPVC vs Copper
I'm going to be doing some plumbing, never worked with CPVC, and wanted opinions on it. Putting in a water softener. All plumbing will be on the cold supply side. I have existing copper 3/4". Will...
18
18

Bosch Dishwasher won't fill
Greetings all. My 7 year old Bosch SHU3035UC/UC12 stopped filling with water the other day. It powers through all the cycles and SOUNDS like its working, but when I open the door mid-cylce, no...
9
9

first alert talking smoke alarms
After the previous thread, I picked up a couple of these, they seem quite well designed overall, the tri-tone is about 500hz and my 85yo mother can hear them quite well - BUT she cannot hear the...
4
4

Problem with well not delivering water
This weekend we did a shock on our ~350' well to address some iron bacteria issues. Followed instructions carefully, adding measured amount of bleach and recirculating well water via garden hose...
25
25

Electric Range Wiring
Hi; I had a gas range in my kitchen. I want to install an electric range. Should I use 6 gauge or 8 gauge wiring? Thanks Pat
8
8

Collapsed Dryer Vent
I looked through my dryers exit vent from the outside and saw no connection to it. All I saw was a water pipe. How would I be able to re-connect my vent?
8
8