Subject Author Posted Replies

We're almost there.
The vaccines are here. 25% of the US population has at least one shot. We're nearing the light at the end of the tunnel. That's why we should end all those annoying, burdensome restrictions. Masks,...
20
20

units in fourplex. Why
In on Fri, 12 Mar 2021 19:59:48 -0800 (PST), marika <> wrote: Easier said than done, but they do drill holes in the wood of the house. They have hives? That can be knocked down? What makes them...
1
1

2 door cars safer
"2 doors are safer as they are have stiffer frames as they don't have 2 extra doors that decrease the structural ridgitidy of the whole car, so the coupes would be stronger in a crash." Side-impact...
2
2

Doing things in my sleep
Once in a while a couple over the air tv stations have bad reception. It seems to have something to do with the weather. But when I record shows on a timer, I don't remmeber what the weather was like....
3
3

Computer fixed
After a lot of help from Paul in one of the newsgroups on the list, I fixed my win10 computer. I had been getting Inaccessible boot device and also as a result, 0x000000c, or something like that. If...
11
11

USB always on
I have an Acer E15 E5 laptop two usb3 ports and one usb2, and when I plug a flashdrive into one of the USB3 (but not the other ports) it lights up even when the computer is off, and when it's not...
5
5

3.5mm jacks and what they fit?
3.5mm jacks and what they fit? Am I correct that 3.5 mm. jacks are designed so that they work with TR, TRR, and TRRR plugs. That is, the jacks intended for stereo sound and a mike will also work fine...
3
3

Keep-Right inducer blower
Back in 2003 I had a new 80+ Tempstar (same as Keeprite) furnace installed - and had the neighbour's installed at the same time. 2 years later mine developed a squeek in the inducer and no-one had one...
1
1

OT. Digital Art
I can add this to the long list of things that make no sense to me. <>69 million dollars The first purely digital work sold by an established auction house brings blockchain into the world of fine...
4
4

Re: Can't get carpet attachment off vacuum hose
21 years later, brilliant answers, use a hairdryer...works a treat.
8
8

OT. Babies in Bombers
An article talking about maternity flight suits. In the Onion or the Babylon Bee? <>This was September of 2020. WRIGHT-PATTERSON AIR FORCE BASE, Ohio – Comfort and safety are two priorities for an...

Straight tape lines
I need to paint some stripe lines on a wall and doing some research I found some great ideas on placing tape on the wall (3M or Frog) and then painting over the edge with the base-color, polyurethane...
15
15

Fun Facts, wired earbuds
Fun Facts If you wind the cord from your earbuds into a circle, they always get tangled when you try to use them. If you fold them over and over until they're short enough to put where you want them,...
23
23

OT. FEB '21 Web News Ratings
<> Google #1. https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ev6vQsKVkAM1JAG?format=jpg&name=medium https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ev6vQsKVkAM1JAG?format=jpg
2
2

OT: Beware of Alexa
has anyone noticed the "random" letters on those links are usually naughty? Toyota announced they're adding Amazon Alexa as a feature in some of their cars, but will it be as convenient and helpful as...
3
3