Subject Author Posted Replies

OT Paperless bill pay
To me, it is very inconvenient to have to create an account on the web site of all the utility companies to be able to use paperless bill pay. I have a suggestion I think would make this process...
3
3

(OT) car questions ng?
Is there a (US-centric*) equivalent to for car maintenance questions? Didn't seem appropriate to post here, but all the alt car groups I can see seem to be nearly all spam, suggesting that the...
12
12

Hot Water Heater?
When someone uses the term "hot water heater" on this NG, oftensomeone else jumps in to ask, "Why would you want to heat HOT water?" I noticed that Arlo felt that way in 1993:
14
14

F1 Error
------------------------------------- The F1 Error on my Kenmore Elite range keeps going off with steady and very loud beeping. It happens at unpredictable times, and if I hit Kitchen Timer, Stop Time...
2
2

GE frig with whirring freezer noise
Hello.... We have a 3 year old frig, GE model PTS22SH, a freezer-over design that has been "serviced" once for this problem: a recurring buzzing sound from the freezer section that I would imagine...
1
1

Sewage gases: check valve?
Hi, My washer is basically at the same level as the main stack (or whatever its horizontal equivalent). So there is not sufficient elevation to have a p-trap on the exhaust (take my word for it - I...
34
34

Problems with Two Oven Racks?
I am having an unusually large crowd at Christmas this year and would like to be able to at least heat multiple items in the oven at the same time. What problems would occur if I bought a second oven...
22
22

No mud when water heater drained
I drained my 3 year-old gas water heater last night, for the first time. I drained it into a sump pump pit that is in the basement at a lower level than the water heater, through a piece of garden...
13
13

Floetrol -- no instructions to shake before adding
Last week I added Floetrol to a pail of primer before spraying with it. All I saw as I poured it from the jug was clear liquid. Today as I started to pour Floetrol from the same jug into the topcoat I...
10
10

DIY spray in foam insulation
I started replacing the siding on a pickup bed camper and when I got the siding stripped down I found the fiberglass insulation was not in the best shape. I was thinking of trying one of the DIY kits...
9
9

drywall over plaster ceiling
I have a couple rooms where the old plaster ceilings are stained, cracked, etc. - I am thinking the easiest thing to do might be to just have a layer of drywall put over them. (note - yes I have fixed...
17
17

compression ring, which way?
I have a toilet shut-off valve that I want to install. It has a compression fitting on the valve outlet that goes to the toilet bowl. I notice that the compression ring (sleeve) shape is not exactly...
3
3

roof question
I live in Phoenix AZ and I plan to install photocells on roof to help environment. My house is 11 years old with original ceramic tile roof. I know ceramic tiles have very long life and problem is the...
7
7

chemical smell in home and freezer not as cold as before
Hello all, Yesterday morning we noticed a very strong chemical smell in the 1st floor of the house. It was hard to tell where it was coming from. Then I noticed yesterday that the freezer section of...
14
14

Something to ask your attorney,,,,
Do you back up data? "IRREPLACEABLE DOCUMENTS"? "To the person or anyone that knows the person that burglarized an attorney's office downtown Friday October 16: If it is money you need, I would be...
17
17