Subject Author Posted Replies

More gas furnace questions Coleman Model 7970-656/d
Again, this is a down flow furnace out of a mobile home. Just noticed it says "Sealed Combustion" and my insurance company said it's OK for me to use it in my garage. Down flow, so I'll weld a...
13
13

Service agreement
I just has a new heat pump and furnace installed and was asked if I wanted a service ageement. It included -Furnace/heatpump checkup (cleaning blower motors,burners, clean condenser coil, etc)...
10
10

Cutting melamine panel
I have a melamine-on-tempered-hardboard panel which is stuck to drywall with an adhesive. A section of the panel has been torn off. How do I cut the ragged, uneven edge of the section that is still on...
5
5

Please help
Hi A few of Our travertine floor tiles have stains. What is the best way to get these stains off ? Any suggestions ? Thanks in advance for your help, Irfan Williams
5
5

Need Appliance suggestions
Need to replace the 14 year old GE electric stove top. One burner blew up - popped, and now the "Burner-on" light stays on all the time. I'd appreciate some suggestions on brands and types. -...
20
20

Whatever happenned to HD's Home Expo?
Awl -- Yeah, I know they are gone, but goddamm, they were, imo, HD's only redemption -- somewhat of a treasure. What happenned? Why? Are there any other establishments effectively taking their...
2
2

Current Harbor Freight Catalogs
Ran across this link. Maybe old news but I never saw it. Seems to show all current printed HF catalogs. http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/tabviewer/start.do
46
46

Curtin Flush Valve Issues
I have just replaced one of these in an old American Standard toilet circa 1937. Did a similar toilet several years ago. This one had no instructions, don't think the earlier one did either. In...

Dryer Vent Problem
The laundry room that holds our dryer is only big enough to barely hold the washer and dryer. The dryer is backed up to back wall with the exhaust vent. There is literally no way to put a dryer vent...
9
9

New Stove and Dishwasher
We're starting to update our kitchen, since it's over 20 years old. We're going to start with a new electric stove and dishwasher. Lowes is having a big sale this weekend. I'm going to...
21
21

Rotary Hammer questions
When purchasing a rotary hammer, they come with either SDS, SDS-Plus or SDS-max. I understand SDS-max is a different slot system, but there seems to be no visible difference between SDS and SDS-plus....
10
10

OT - new college

Building Collapse....
A more complete set of photos of this June's Shanghai building collapse and diagrams explaining what happened and why. http://home.comcast.net/~jwisnia18/bldg_fall/
41
41

Who has the best AC plug?
Scores (1 to 10): US - 1 Japan - 1 Euroland - 0 Australia - 2 Italy - 8 Denmark - 9 UK - 10 http://crave.cnet.co.uk/gadgets/0,39029552,49303764,00.htm
9
9

Splicing #14 wire, hot to neutral ratios....
Awl -- A two-part Q: Due to some remodeling, I'm forced to splice/lengthen some old bx cable that has #14 wire in it, and re-connect to the fuse box. Should I splice the #14 with #14, or splice...
61
61