Subject Author Posted Replies

Shower faucett valve question ??
Upstairs shower, single handle faucett. Pull straight out for water, turn left for hot, right for cold. Water not leaking, but can hear a hiss all the time. Sounds like some faucetts do when you turn...
5
5

dripping bathroom faucet
Hello, I moved into my house in February 2009. The people who had it before me only bought it to fix it up. They purchased it in August 2008. During that timeframe they install new faucets everywhere...
9
9

Parts Washer...what do you use?
I have heard many people use either Mineral Spirits or Kerosene. Since I just bought one, I am not sure what to use. I will mostly be cleaning mower/motorcycle and other misc. parts. What woudl you...
5
5

OT: Cooking for you guys!
After I was divorced, I managed to burn boiled chicken! I've since tried reading cookbooks, but don't quite "get it"... Anyway I thought there must be at least one cookbook out there which...
21
21

where to find a diffuser like this?
Hi, Here's a picture of an A/C diffuser I saw in an office: I want something like this (maybe in a 12"x12" variety) for my home. Does anyone know who carries this style online? Thanks! Aaron
2
2

HVAC question, anyone ??
I have a LENNOX heatpump with a newer replacement RHEEM outside unit, due to a gas leak at the coils of the original LENNOX unit. It works fine in AC mode, but when it switches to heat, the compressor...
5
5

Peter piper plopped down a patch of purple primer
A friend of mine was doing some PVC work in his kitchen. Slopped on the purple primer, and some dropped on the hardwood floor. His grand kids love the really kewl colors. But, SWMBO wants the purple...
15
15

Pluming / Shower Diverter
I have an older shower. I have removed the Shower diverter and replaced it. I have the type that has a spring on it and you pull it out to make water go to the shower and then push in (or turn water...
9
9

Adding another coat of polyurethane to a nice hardwood floor
I had my floors redone about 5 years ago. The floors look in above average condition. I'd like to apply another coat. There are a handful of areas I need a little wood filler. Outside of adding...
12
12

attach a coaxial cable jack
I need to attach one coaxial cable jack. I've never done it before but I know the idea. I don't have a crimping tool. Can it be crimped well enough with pliers instead of a proper crimping...
42
42

Render DVDs Unusable?
I have a number of DVDs containing computer backup information of a sensitive nature. I plan to throw away the older ones, but first I want to render the data on them irretrievable. Can anyone here...
55
55

Who knows about Garage Doors fixing..
door is down. would one of you home repair people give Jack a word or two concerning his request. Jack posted this is and would most likely be reading or expecting replies in Jack you might want to...
16
16

Set of 2 Whirlpool Washer Swtch-Temp Part # W10179666
Set of 2 Whirlpool Washer Swtch-Temp Part # W10179666 These are Water Temperture 6 Position Switches for Whirlpool Washers. Brand New and Still Sealed in Factory Plastic Packaging. This is a Great...

self-cleaning water heaters
I see Home Depot has a line of GE/Rheem gas water heaters: * 40 gallon, 6 year warranty, $488 * 38 gallon, 9 year warranty, self-cleaning, $498 * 40 gallon, 12 year warranty, self-cleaning, $578 Other...
16
16

Minwax "Polyshades" -- why not for floors?
I started an earlier thread yesterday with the subject heading : "CLEAR hardwood finishes? -- moisture cure, etc.". I now have related question and I decided to post it as a separate topic in a new...
44
44