Subject Author Posted Replies

Stupid freaking mice....already
That sounds like one awfully filthy soup of putridity if you left it sittin for any length of time. Makes me think of that poor bastard in the bathtub at the end of Silence of the Lambs. Yuk
18
18

Breaker Shutting off
In my kitchen ever few days the Clock and the microwave cuts off.. I go to the breaker box and the breaker for these has tripped. Nothing else is going on in the house or added? Think it is just that...
16
16

life of a T&P valve?
Hi all, yesterday I did the annual flush of my gas fired water heater - and at the same time I "burped" the T&P valve, as is my habit. It's on the side of the tank near the top, and there's...
9
9

wiring code ? for a detached garage
I'm building a detached garage with 2nd story living space that is about 14 feet from the house. The two are connected by the deck that also wraps around the house. Basically you go between the...
23
23

Putting rug on basement stairs
I've got an open, 3-stringer staircase leading to my basement. 12 stairs in total. 2 x 10 treads. There are 2x4 walls right next to the staircase. I used some ledger lock bolts to screw the...
1
1

converting electric to gas in my home
------------------------------------- Our home is currently electric and we would like to convert to gas. thank you cindy
22
22

Lot of 2 Whirlpool Washer Swtch-Temp Part # W10179666
of 2 Whirlpool Washer Swtch-Temp Part # W10179666 These are Water Temperature 6 Position Switches for Newer Whirlpool Washers. Brand New and Still Sealed in Factory Plastic Packaging. This is a Great...

Diverter issue with older Moen Tub/shower faucet
I have a 30 year old Moen single knob faucet on my tub with a 'button' diverter for the shower. The button is a sort of a 'plunger' located just under the knob that you push in to...
4
4

New Kitchen Faucet Problem
My wife discovered a leak under the kitchen sink. Upon investigation, I discovered that water was getting under the sprayer. The washers in the faucet were ready for replacement, and the gasket...
6
6

Installing circuits in the basement.
I am finishing up the basement and have determined that I will need to add two circuits to the panel to provide for these outlets. My question is: Should I install both circuits next too each other...
23
23

Shower faucett valve question ??
Upstairs shower, single handle faucett. Pull straight out for water, turn left for hot, right for cold. Water not leaking, but can hear a hiss all the time. Sounds like some faucetts do when you turn...
5
5

dripping bathroom faucet
Hello, I moved into my house in February 2009. The people who had it before me only bought it to fix it up. They purchased it in August 2008. During that timeframe they install new faucets everywhere...
9
9

Parts Washer...what do you use?
I have heard many people use either Mineral Spirits or Kerosene. Since I just bought one, I am not sure what to use. I will mostly be cleaning mower/motorcycle and other misc. parts. What woudl you...
5
5

OT: Cooking for you guys!
After I was divorced, I managed to burn boiled chicken! I've since tried reading cookbooks, but don't quite "get it"... Anyway I thought there must be at least one cookbook out there which...
21
21

where to find a diffuser like this?
Hi, Here's a picture of an A/C diffuser I saw in an office: I want something like this (maybe in a 12"x12" variety) for my home. Does anyone know who carries this style online? Thanks! Aaron
2
2