Subject Author Posted Replies

circuit dead
This evening my wife went to turn on the front door light (outside fixture). She said it flashed brightly like the bulb blew out and wouldn't turn on... A few hours later we noticed that...
41
41

Which wire to which terminal?
I have an L-shaped hallway with 2 ceiling lights. A 3-way switch is located at the end of each leg of the "L". Each electrical box has: A sheath with a black wire and a white wire. A different sheath...
3
3

Electrical wiring
I have an L-shaped hallway with 2 ceiling lights. A 3-way switch is located at the end of each leg of the "L". Each electrical box has: A sheath with a black wire and a white wire. A different sheath...
17
17

Door Frame Weatherstripping Question??
Hello everyone, I am hoping that someone here can help me out? I am looking for a special type of door weatherstripping that I can't seem to find anywhere. Many years ago when we use to live in a...
5
5

Rain Dial RD600..shorting?
Strange behavior with this RD600 sprinkler timer. I have 3 programs set ( 3 separate valves), Those programs functions and the zones get watered as scheduled. BUT if I try to manually run a valve......
1
1

estimated materials cost for 30x50x10h pole barn
Any guestimates on a building of such size? Materials only. Should I go with 29ga or 26ga metal? I'd want 1 sliding door and 1 man door.
4
4

GE Profile washing machine model WPRB8050
The wiring diagram 175D2750G228 for GE Profile washing machine model WPRB8050 is wrong. The contacts for the water level switch WH12X10227 are shown as normally open when they should be closed. I...
4
4

Concrete Repair and Tile Repair
1. The concrete deck around the pool has settled and caused fine cracks in the deck. I read about repairing them with something like a caulking gun only it holds cement ... have Googled for it on Home...
5
5

Wireless Smoke Detectors ?
Hello, Any of you folks using those relatively new wireless smoke detectors in your house ? The ones that are networked together wirelessly, such that if any one of them goes off, they all do. Do they...

3/4" and 1 1/8" sheet rock screws?
Awl -- Yes indeedy! Apropos of the thread on nails vs screws, I thought I'd mention this. In both fine and coarse threads. Most people aren't aware of this, because 1 in 100 suppliers carry...
10
10

Worx Tri-Vac Blower/Vacuum/Mulcher
Just saw the Worx Tri-Vac on TV and it looks great. However, I can't find out if the mulching blade is metal or plastic. Does anyone know what material the blade is, and how well does the machine...

48" florescent tube problem
A fixture in my basement has a single 48" florescent tube which recently started flickering and now fails to start - it just flickers. I replaced it and have the same behavior. The fixture is at least...
28
28

Stranded vs solid wire
Awl -- Apropos of the recent thread on wire nutting stranded with solid, are there any inherent advantages of one over the other? #14-#10. Stranded is more flexible, an advantage if you have to pull...
33
33

Remote control lighting
My son has a shed for his dogs along with a fenced in area outside it. He'd like to install a floodlight on the shed so he can check on the dogs at night. Is there a remote control system that he...
12
12

Extending multiple BX cables: with multiple bx cables or multiple wires in greenfield?
Awl -- I've posted on aspects of this before, and d-day is coming. The situation is this: A fuse panel upstairs is being eliminated, and the #14 bx cable extended down about 10-15 feet to a new...
14
14