Subject Author Posted Replies

Roof estimate questions
I am about to get a new roof done. I had a couple of estimates a year ago but then I put off doing it until now. The job is a complete tear-off and all new plywood decking. The present roof is old...
27
27

Old Sears, Roebuck & Co. table saw
Model # 113.27520 with matching stand. Weighs a ton. Looked it up at Sears parts direct and the only parts they have are bolts and washers, and a newer miter gauge that will work (I suppose many will...
6
6

I still don't understand my oil furnace!
I still don't understand my oil furnace! I'm going to buy a new furnace in the next 9 months but I'd still like to understand the one I have now. Maybe the new one will have the same parts. When the...
6
6

OT GPSes and altitude
If I had, or borrowed, a GPS, global postioning system, would it also show my altitude? Or, is there some moderately priced device that would show altitude to say the nearest 10 feet? Do they rent...
28
28

ping Gordon Shumway
Gordon, I know a Gordon Shumway in western Nebraska. I know it is not a common name. Any relation? I know, dumb question, but was just bored. thx
2
2

Suggestion for cordless tool makers
Why not offer a CORDED battery replacement? If the battery poops out, you could continue to use the tool with a cord - much like you can with a cell phone. The working parts business of battery...
24
24

Remove toilet in basement
Hello, There is a toilet in our basement that I think hasn't been used for years (we moved in last year). I'd like to remove it. The flange and pipe are metal. What do I need to do to cap the sewer...
38
38

which side of backflow value
I have this backflow value in my back yard. am trying to winterize my irrigation system. Does anyone know which side of this valve do I shut off the valve? I turned the spigot on the side with the...
3
3

Current of central heat fans
Can anyone tell me the general draw of a squirrel cage fan in the plenum of a heating/ cooling system in one or both speeds? I'm trying to decide if this fan is cost effective (I'll do the math) for...
13
13

Why CFC's Can't be used with Electronic Timers
Does anyone know? Electronic timers control many of my lights. Am I stuck using incandescents? Thanks for help. Frank
28
28

OT - Got Milk? Drink it. / Got Nothing to Do? Join an HOA
Decorated Veteran, 90, Fights to Raise Flag in His Yard http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,579147,00.html
26
26

YOUR policy on Xmas lights
Just spent a blustery day in forty acre ranch putting up Christmas lights. That was after two days of testing countless strings and changing dozens of lights. Broke two nails and my manicure looks...
55
55

Dryer belt installation
The dryer is a Kenmore 110.86870100 made by Whirl pool. The belt broke. In the process of disassembling the unit the belt idler wheel bracket fell off. I've looked at Repair Clinic and have the belt...
5
5

Acrylic Shower Base/Tiled Walls
We have had installed an acrylic shower base (Americh), and are having the shower walls tiled. What is the proper way to seal the area where the bottom tiles end and meet the acyrlic material? I am...
2
2

mini fridge
i am planning on buying a mini fridge for my daughters dorm room and i am wondering if it's okay to transport one whilst lying down(sideways) so as to fit in my backseat. will this damage the unit in...
13
13