Subject Author Posted Replies

Air compressor hose size
I've often wondered how much of the "energy" is getting lost thru pressure drop in the hose from my air compressor to the tool. Plus the thru hole in the fittings is pretty small. Yet none of the...
8
8

Getting downspout water away from the house.
For most soil conditions, how far away from the house is it necessary to carry the rainwater from a downspout to avoid a damp basement? My house and a lot of houses have 3 foot cement or plastic...
13
13

connecting smaller stranded wire to heavier solid wire?
I bought a motion sensing porch light with stranded wires coming out. When I tried to connect it to the solid wire with twist on connectors (2 solid wires + 1 stranded), one stranded wire slipped out...
7
7

Adding a drop ceiling under a cathedral ceiling ; insulate all the way up ? Do I need a vapor barrier at the roof ?
Ive put in a layin 2x4' tile ceiling under what was a cathedral ceiling for my 24x16' living room . The heat gain to the living room was cut dramatically last summer here in Florida . I have a space...
6
6

Air Compressor - Supe'ing Up Question
I have a single-stage 2 HP, 8 gallon Central Pneumatic air compressor that I've supe'ed up. The pump normally turns on at 80 PSI and then shuts off at 115 PSI. Problem is, at 80 PSI (before it turns...
36
36

OT - Slimfast Recall
Slimfast premixed beverages recalled. Oops! And I was counting on them for no-cook food. A trick I learned years ago, from a church custodian.
11
11

Flashlight using 9V battery?
I have some 9V batteries I didn't throw after they failed to power my multimeter, smoke detector and a few other things. When my regular AA batteries stop working in the camera, I put them in my...
15
15

Where to get teeny-tiny screws
http://www.micro-mark.com
2
2

Stand for table saw needed
The thread about the old Sears table saw got me to thinking about mine. I have it on a workbench, but I'd really like to make a table for it. Does anyone have any ideas or recommendations about how to...
14
14

Roof estimate questions
I am about to get a new roof done. I had a couple of estimates a year ago but then I put off doing it until now. The job is a complete tear-off and all new plywood decking. The present roof is old...
27
27

Old Sears, Roebuck & Co. table saw
Model # 113.27520 with matching stand. Weighs a ton. Looked it up at Sears parts direct and the only parts they have are bolts and washers, and a newer miter gauge that will work (I suppose many will...
6
6

I still don't understand my oil furnace!
I still don't understand my oil furnace! I'm going to buy a new furnace in the next 9 months but I'd still like to understand the one I have now. Maybe the new one will have the same parts. When the...
6
6

OT GPSes and altitude
If I had, or borrowed, a GPS, global postioning system, would it also show my altitude? Or, is there some moderately priced device that would show altitude to say the nearest 10 feet? Do they rent...
28
28

ping Gordon Shumway
Gordon, I know a Gordon Shumway in western Nebraska. I know it is not a common name. Any relation? I know, dumb question, but was just bored. thx
2
2

Suggestion for cordless tool makers
Why not offer a CORDED battery replacement? If the battery poops out, you could continue to use the tool with a cord - much like you can with a cell phone. The working parts business of battery...
24
24