Subject Author Posted Replies

Motion detector yard light
My yard light won't go off any more. I block the detector wait 60 seconds and I hear the relay click off but the light now stays on when it used to go off. It clicks again when I block the detector,...
9
9

Help with water line
I plan on running 200 feet or water line to a detatched garage spigot and frost free hydrant. I bould the coiled black polyethelene NSF rated 3/4 tube. My intention was to place a piece of 1 1/4 inch...
14
14

25% Harbor Freight Coupon...some hoop jumping though
Buy something on 12/26 or 12/27. Receive coupon good only on New Years Day. Up to you if it's worth the hassle. Click then go to page 2 for details The 20% coupon that salty posed may be good enough.
7
7

Fiberglass Insulation Questions
I feel I should know this, but obviously I don't. Framing out 3 block walls in the garage so I can insulate (3rd wall is mostly undergrade and not easily accessible at this time). Icynene is nice but...
3
3

Sealing tile grout necessary?
Hi, Do I need to seal unsanded grout around ceramic tiles on a shower stall wall that gets no direct water spray? Background: I must tile over the opening that was made in the existing tile wall in...
1
1

water dripping/leaking inside a Whirlpool fridge, DIY solution
(I don't expect any replys to this post --just writing this for DIY posterity.) I thought I'd share my adventure today with a Whirlpool fridge that's been dripping water inside the main compartment...
7
7

Auxiliary water-heater tank? ? ?
Recently I read somewhere that it's possible to add an auxiliary tank to supply water heaters. The purpose is, water comes from underground into a storage tank, where the temperature of the water is...
27
27

solar walkway/step lighting?
OK guys... I have a rather dark, shaded lot. Having lighting on the walkway to my front door, and perhaps on the steps leading up to the deck at the back of my house, would be a very Good Thing. I'm...
7
7

Sort of OT- string of 2.5 volt bulbs that won't light for Christmas
Bottom line, I've got a string of lights that tests good in all ways, but won't come on. (They worked fine last year...) There is voltage all the way to the end of the string, at the plug that goes to...
12
12

Carbon Monoxide Detector
Been thinking to buy myself one for Christmas. What's a reliable brand and type and model of carbon monoxide detector? I'd like a battery model, I can change batteries. But, electric outlets are not...
36
36

Fireplace screen lubrication
I have a metal link screen suspended by metal rings from a steel rod right in the front of my fireplace opening. Over the years, it has become harder and harder to open and close the screen, although...
16
16

Steam radiator piping questions
I have a steam radiator that I want to move a couple of feet. All the pipe is exposed in the basement. I have a 24" wrench and a 36" wrench. IF I can loosen the pipe, all is well. One guy at the local...
12
12

help!!! Advice needed ASAP Gambrel Roof Trusses
Hi all, I have a major problem, first the concrete slab that was poured for my new garage has gone to shit because of a bad batch of concrete. This is an argument and moan for another day. Here's my...
20
20

Do you like buying garbage?
Get yourself a floor lamp from Good Earth Lighting. slid one of their floor lamps out of a corner over the weekend to vacuum around it, and the weight inside the base crumbled like a giant cookie....
12
12

Torchieres & CFLs
I was perusing (actually interviewing) torchieres (floor lamps) at Lowe's yesterday. All the non-halogen models had tags saying "Required - incandescent bulb(s)" followed by recommended wattage. These...
17
17