Subject Author Posted Replies

OT - Anybody in the Northest? Digging?
Talking to my Main Squeeze in northern VT. Over 2 ft and that was only as of midnight last night. What? No $*&@* snowblower posts :-)
6

Re-Grout OVER Grout Sealer?????
We have a kitchen floor done new with 12" X 12" tile and we're really happy with the work with one exception, the grout lines. We're finding we didn't leave the grout line high enough between the...
3
3

What's the current sweet spot (price/performance) for led lighting.
The previous thread got WAY off track on mercury poisoning. I want to hear about LED lighting ONLY.
17
17

Square aluminum tubing 1/4" x 1/4" x 3 or 4 feet.
I need a piece of Square aluminum or steel tubing, 1/4" x 1/4" x 3 or 4 feet. There used to be a web retailer, Metal Express, that did nothing but sell various kinds of metal, rods, screws, angle...
22
22

Moen Tub Cartridge Help
Hi - I need to replace a Moen Tub cartridge. I removed it and took it to the hardware store. I was first disappointed, then, pleased, and now confused. The fellow at the hardware store asked why I...
9
9

Repairing fire rated drywall?
Do I need to do anything special when repairing holes in fire rated drywall (between garage and house)? Can I use any ordinary spackling compund? -- Dave
2
2

Who has the best CF lights
I have seen a lot of reviews however the bulbs I bought on a few magazine recommendations turned out to be garbage. Pretty much all of the soft white ones give decent light, but each of the models I...
11
11

Kitchen/Bathroom cabinets
Getting ready to replace cabinets in the kitchen and a complete master bath bath redo. Would be interested to know of first hand recommendations regarding brands of high quality cabinets and sources...
1
1

Good variable-speed spinner device
I want to make some "spinners" with my granddaughter. These are disks with various patterns that do interesting things when spinning. Some change colors: yellow and blue wedges turn green, all colors...
13
13

product opinion wanted?
I used regular old Leviton (I think? not sure) "spec grade" duplex receptacles for all the receps upstairs in my house. Someone sent me a link to this product and I am wondering if perhaps I should...
26
26

OT: 2011 New Year's Eve Glasses?
For the past decade, there's always been 2 zeros in the year, so New Year's Eve glasses were easy to make. even snuck in a pair for 2010 by shifting them to the right a little bit. will they do for...
4
4

Label maker for outdoor labels
More than a year ago I bought a DYMO (tm) brand label maker because one type of label available for it was a metallic tape that was "weather proof". It wanted to put labels on plastic buckets I keep...
5
5

Speaking of dishwashers
Does anyone have experience with "alternative" size dishwashers, such as drawer models, narrow models, and so forth? I'm currently using a trusty old Kenmore apartment-size portable that I hide in the...
22
22

Unvented gas logs question
It would be great if a professional with specific knowlege of this subject could answer this question. I have read in many places that one should never leave unvented gas logs on when they are...
7
7

Detecting joists through gypcrete
Is there any way to non-destructively and precisely determine the location of joists that support a floor consisting of 5/8 plywood topped by 1-1/2" of gypcrete? Thanks in advance for your replies.
5
5