Subject Author Posted Replies

Mighty Mule FM500 blew up green circuit board by reversing battery
What generally blows up when a Mighty Mule gate opener battery is hooked up in reverse by accident? I blew up something on the green Mighty Mule FM500 GTO gate opener circuit board. Now I have a...
24
24

Nice little online fuel cost comparison calculator
>> This is sort of a useless chart. What you really want to know is something like: How does the cost of 1000 BTUs compare for coal vs wood pellets? The cost per ton and an efficiency number is...
17
17

Gas Heaters in Bedrooms
What kind of gas heater can be installed in a bedroom? I'm pretty sure that an unvented one cannot. Since some bedrooms have gas fireplace logs, there have to be some style of heater than will be...
17
17

Major Score
My dad passed away in 1998. He loved power tools. Today I was going through the attic and found an almost new Craftsman 315.276040 3 HP Electronic Plunge Router. It was purchased new in 1992 for...
24
24

rigid foam board in Portland, Or
I need to buy some foam board (say 1"x4'x8') that is fire rated (flame spread 25) that I can attach to an interior crawlspace foundation wall and leave exposed. Where can I buy some in Portland Oregon...
3
3

Leaky hot water heater flex fitting
I'll communicate this to the professional plumber that installed this about 6 months ago. I wonder how many callbacks he gets on these fittings? -- Paul
3
3

oven temp sensor not working properly (I think)
We have a ~9 yr old Kenmore gas oven/range (runs on propane actually), and the oven temperature sensor appears to be flakey (the actual temperature in the oven is definitely flakey). The oven has a...
9
9

Can a breaker partially fail?
I had a double 40-Amp breaker running a Range, and a Dryer. The dryer stopped heating (but kept tumbling), we replaced it, and the new dryer said "Voltage problem" I checked the plug/line, and I'm...
16
16

Need help deciding which attic ladder to buy
As the subject states, here are 2 that I saw at the local home centers: Werner AL2210 300lb rating $195 at Lowes. AA229GS 350lb rating $159 at Home Depot. only difference I can tell is the Louisville...
15
15

Sticky Tiles
Friend had a neighbor handyman lay ceramic tiles (not shiny) in family room. He then put silicone on and mineral oil(??) Tiles are now sticky. What to do?? TIA Lou
14
14

Circuit Decoding?
I'm trying to determine which circuits are controlled by which circuit breakers on a sub-division home built in Southern California in 1980. I want to minimize the process of shutting off one circuit...
12
12

How to remove a Symmons shower faucet TA-25B shower faucet volume control spindle
Does anyone have removal instructions for a Symmons TA-25B shower faucet volume control spindle?
3
3

Does a House's LEVEL Change, Day to Day?
I'm getting ready to set some ceramic tiles on my kitchen wall for a backsplash. A few days ago I screwed a couple of very straight 5' steel bars end to end horizontally along the wall studs, to serve...
19
19

what's it called?
The track for sliding glass doors, like the locking doors on the back of a jewelry store display case. I am looking for a double track, one that will allow two panes of plexiglass to slide past each...
17
17

Load Snow Blower into SUV
Any suggestions on a ramp solution to load a snow blower into an SUV? At 170 pounds I'm just not up to picking it up, hahahaha. I've verified it will fit with the handle collapsed and the blower chute...
33
33