Subject Author Posted Replies

What does c/p mean, for a Toyota?
coupays there... In northern New England French Canadiens were low of the social scale so even if it should have been French it was purposefully mangled: go looking for Isle au Haut in Maine and you'd...
1
1

Garden gnome shortage wracks England!
Garden gnome shortage wracks England! Because of the week's blockage of the Suez Canal, there is a severe shortage of garden gnomes in the garden shops of the UK. This also means that the marriage...
2
2

Door-Bell transformer placement
If I were to install a new door-bell transformer and/or a new receptacle for security system, is it acceptable to install these devices above a drop ceiling in the basement and then cover them up ?...
3
3

Better rates than a CD ?
Is there any relatively safe investment that makes a better rate than a CD? I am getting .4 %. I don't think that is even better than the inflation rate. Thanks.
82
82

Where to purchase durable blinds
I am looking for vertical blinds for some rental property to go over the sliding patio door. I have had the inexpensive white vertical blinds, but they often break and don't add a lot to the decor of...
8
8

Airless Spray Painters
Can anybody here recommend an airless spray painter that cost less than $200. For interior painting of walls and ceilings.
2
2

For Sale. $241 Million, 18,000 Square Feet
This place in London might be livable. <> Text only. A penthouse at the One Hyde Park project in London’s upscale Knightsbridge district is being offered for sale for 175 million pounds ($241...
7
7

Is more expensive better? Is even more expensive not even as good?
Is more expensive better? Is even more expensive not even as good? Still working on my lean mixture. It's a good excuse to buy tools, even if the tools cost more than taking it to a shop. ;-) But I...
3
3

MH 150W Fixture
I have a large outdoor fixture that is about 20 years old. The light went out and I tried a new bulb that did not work, so assumed it was the ballast. The light was in very good shape, so thought I...
2
2

(Golf) Wayne Player is catching heat for holding a sleeve of golf balls in a way that you can read the box.
Really? Golf? These nancy boys are marked up like NASCAR drivers with different logos from various companies that sell golf stuff on their hats, shoes and shirts. His dad is wearing a PXG hat and the...
7
7

What are these electronilc parts
What are the devices in these two parts of a schematic the left is probably the lighting for the 2005 Solara trip computer. The schematic calls it the Upper Console Panel Sub-Assembly which I think is...
10
10

Should i flip this car
2011 murano 110,000 Mint in and out. Needs tranny 1000 bucks Daughter car not that that matters New tires but need a 30 mile tow
31
31

Spam blocking
Hi all, I have reached the capabilities of my Panasonic cordless phones for blocking spam. (250). I have Verizon landline (not FIOS) so Nomorobo will not work. Questions follow: Buy new cordless...
45
45

shingles on ridge vent -only cosmetic?
Are shingles on a plastic ridge vent only for cosmetic appearance? (About 8ft of shingles blew off the ridge vent; vent itself is fine.) If I don't use shingles at all and just cover the plastic with...
28
28

How do touch lamps and touch faucets work?
I know I can look it up. Interesting topic for me.
7
7