Subject Author Posted Replies

How much a clothes dryer cost to use? Again ......
Our very conventional old style tumble dryer timer runs for some 45 minutes per load. With heater cutting in and out (estimating it's on say 80%?). Heater elements are either 3000 watts or maybe 4500,...
84
84

Gas water heater not so hot any more
I have a gas-fired water heater. I'd say it's 30 gallons but I'm not sure without checking again. I'm not sure how old it is, it was in my house when I bought it a couple years ago. When we moved in,...
20
20

OT Cell phone caller ID
First, I would be posting this in a cell phone group if I could find an active one. Anyone know of one? My teenaged niece talked another relative into putting her on their cell phone plan.......Guess...
8
8

Another Dishwasher Question
The drain hose exiting the dishwasher has to make 90 degree turn to get to the sink. The hose is not kinked, but it's definitely hitting the wall behind the dishwasher. The hose is the right one...
5
5

Dishwasher Installation Woes
I just almost finished installing our new GE dishwasher. When we ran it, the drain leaked at the garbage disposer inlet. When I tightened the clamp (much more than it seems it should need), the leak...
7
7

Refrigerator garage kit
These kits are for over/under refrigerators in locations where the ambient temp can drop below 55 degrees, causing the refrig thermostat not to cycle and subsequently thawing the freezer portion. Kit...

Need a little plumbing advice please.
I just installed a new 'shutoff' valve on my house water supply line. I'm using 3/4" PVC pipe, so I got a threaded, PVC adapter with a male thread that screws into the shutoff valve and the PVC pipe...
8
8

Magic Jack........again
A friend of mine said his dad just got Magic Jack. Guess what? He is having the same problem with echo and unreliable calls as everyone else has. It would be nice if the thing worked. I could give up...
33
33

New Harbor Freight multifunction tool
Those of you who said you needed a variable speed multi tool now won't have to go to the big $$ brands for what you need. The variable speed HF tool is on sale for $59.99, #67537. The speed range is...
6
6

Best way to apply Loctite 290
I have several pairs of rimless reading glasses similar to these: are 4 tiny bolts that hold the metal parts to the plastic lenses. Invariably, one of the nuts works loose. I have been using...
10
10

Replace wall heater cover
At this URL: have posted a picture of the cruddy, rusted cover of my ancient gas wall heater. The other side opens into the hall past the open door. . Have HATED the looks of it for years, but It...
13
13

For passive activity rental - what kinds of auto logs are needed? (records/expenses)
For passive activity rentals (schedule E), what kind of automobile logs are normal? RECORDS: - Do you normally log just the number of miles, or the start and stop odometer reading? - Do you normally...
11
11

Harbor Freight review site
Saw this on another newsgroup, thought it good enough to bookmark: reviews of their stuff. Check it out. Harbor Freight Reviews - read and write reviews on Harbor Freight tools, supplies and...
13
13

Recommend anti-mildew paint pls?
Hi I have a sloping ceiling in a bathroom and water splashes on it from the shower causing the paint to peel. I was considering tiling the area of the ceiling but that is a big job for me, a friend...
9
9

The 2010 Census has begun
"NOORVIK, Alaska (AP) - One down, more than 309 million to go. U.S. Census Bureau Director Robert Groves on Monday began the 2010 count of the nation's residents in a village in Alaska's arctic...
5
5