Subject Author Posted Replies

Entrances AreNOT Modern
Hello, Back in the old days we lived in small communities, where you would walk to the market area, and carry home your daily, meals-to-be- prepared groceries. There was no refrigeration etc. It was...
25
25

tiling a shower enclosure
Hi I am in the midst of a full renovation of my home, and now it is up to me to finish off the smaller stuff. One of the projects is tiling a shower stall enclosure. It has the pre-made fiberglass...
8
8

White-Rodgers Digital Thermostat Buzzing
Our thermostat regulates AC/heat pump. Early this morning, it started buzzing rather loudly while on the "heat" setting. It had been on the same setting all night and started buzzing spontaneously. I...
1
1

Clothes Dryer Caution
Hi, If you use dryer sheets in your clothes dryer, remove the lint filter. After you remove the lint, run water into the filter. If you see puddles of water, that is due to the invisible film caused...
8
8

What is this thing?
[x-posted to a.h.r] Anyone know what this part is? >If someone could direct me to the correct NG I would be grateful. http://www.kriho.com/arandomk/whirlygiggie-heater-thingie.jpg
25
25

Deck stairs problem
Hello. We have a wooden deck (walk out from 2nd floor) and wooden stairs down onto our backyard. We had it installed about 13 years ago and on one corner of the bottom of the stairs, brick that...
7
7

Chainsaw sharpening
I have read about sharpening chainsaws, and it all runs from simple to "you could put yer eye out, Kid!" I have a craftsman device that holds the proper angle, but am looking for the manual or...
25
25

Chainsaw questions
I have a Husky 345 chainsaw. It starts ok and runs, but I have to have the choke pulled out about half way, or it slows down and dies. I took off the cover and blew out the air filter, and around the...
2
2

Husky Powerwasher 1750
Anyone here own one of these? If so, have you added anything to the reservoir and actually had it work? I've added some carwash solution a couple of times, but only water sprays.
10
10

OT: How to kill a stump
OK, this isn't strictly home repair, but I figure the gurus here have dealt with every possible eventuality, so here goes: I am having two large evergreen bushes removed. They were standing on each...
19
19

Troubleshooting a digital thermostat
How do you verify that a battery-powered digital thermostat is working like it should? From what I've read, it seems that it is supposed to electrically bridge the connection between R wire and the W...
21
21

How good are you with a tape measure?
Video More videos at: http://www.IntegrityWindows.com/Tough
8
8

Books about home building
Hi, I was wondering if anybody could recommend a decent book on hiring a builder for your new home. I've never built my own house, and thinking about it. I'd like to move out to a subdivision where a...
3
3

regluing veneer?
Hi all, I just bought a used desk off Craigslist, appears to not be factory made but a scratch built thing. It was advertised as "solid wood" however I found it to actually have furniture grade...
13
13

Asphalt shingles leaking but ohw do I find the leak?
I went up on the roof and saw pieces of shingles torn off but there were shingles below them (two layers). How do I find where the roof leak is so I can patch it. Are there telltale clues on the roof...
13
13