Subject Author Posted Replies

One handle bathtub faucet
I'm in a hotel now and afaict, I can only get hot water in the bathtub, shower or bath, if the water is on full blast. I can't tell what brand it is. Do fixtures like this cost less money? Break less...
12
12

Take nothing for granted when working with Electricity
I have gutted out a small room upstairs with the purpose of remodeling it for a home recording studio. The room already had three electric outlets so tonight I was in the process of replacing them and...
33
33

Washer won't drain
I'm a complete dumbass when it comes to repairing home appliances, but with this being a weekend, we have a small emergency. Our Maytag front-loader washer is not draining the water after a cycle. In...
20
20

How Can I Match My Interior Wall Paint?
For several months my wife has been on my case to repaint some of the boogered up areas on our walls. But, I can't figure out a way to match the paint without cutting out a piece of sheetrock and...
22
22

Flexible pipe for kitchen exhaust fan
Hi, I've been told that I can't use flexible duct for a kitchen exhaust fan. What's the reason for that? Thanks, Sam
16
16

What thermostat not to use.
Hi, My boiler uses just two wires for relay. I've been told that means that I can can't use certain common thermostats. How do I tell which ones I cant use. (I realize that I can't use "inline"...
9
9

Radiator on its side
Hi, Can an old style cast iron radiator be mounted sideways? Thanks, Sam
13
13

pest control
we have a pre-paid thing for these guys to come out and treat outside for bugs...spiders etc. and these guys just came to treat the outside when there is 1.5 feet of snow??? am i missing something...
8
8

Hammer Drill as a Driver
I just noticed that Tom Silva is using a battery operated hammer drill as a driver for screws and lag bolts. He is using this one: are the benefits of a hammer drill versus a regular battery operated...
14
14

How do you create a PDF by copying a page in an HP printer/copier?
How do you create a PDF by copying a page in an HP printer/copier? I have the HP 3200m B&W laser printer/copier which is not a flatbed but a "regular" printer/copier that accepts paper sheets fed into...
110
110

How to tape water heater insulation blanket
Good evening, My water heater has an insulation blanket which, unfortunately, has a hole cut into it vertically. Is it safe to use normal office adhesive tape to tape the insulation blanket, or could...
5
5

Resin for home repair
I have two repair jobs that I think are going to be facilitated by some casting resin. First, the surface molding on some kitchen cabinet doors is broken and missing. I have no chance of matching it...
2
2

PVC waste pipe leak
I have a leak in the drain line from one of the upstairs bathrooms in a wall in the kitchen. Without opening the wall, my guess is that the screw that holds the wire shelves in the kitchen was put...
17
17

Home gadgets that cause interference with other domestic gear. Bah ....
For example a family member installed a legally sold 'electronic thermostat' to better control the heat in their bedroom. It did a good job of that. But ........... Unfortunately it emitted RFI (Radio...
27
27

Galley Kitchen Measurement Question
Hello, For the sake of workability what should be the perfect measurement, between the sink-area, countertop edge, and the opposite (stove-area), countertop edge? I once had a galley kitchen and...
10
10