Subject Author Posted Replies

HeatbarrierXP?
Saw a TV commercial for this new type of blown insulation today and seems like a good idea. from the commercial, it looks like it's _a lot_ cleaner to blow into the attic. The guy was blowing it...
5
5

Dehumidifier - Delonghi DEC16
Can anyone help with a fault on this unit? When switched on, the compressor kicks in (and the dehumidification/refrigeration light comes on) after a few mins, it goes off and doesnt come back on...
2
2

removing old toilet question- dont want to install new one just yet..
Hi, want to remove an old toilet so that I can have access to repair the bathroom walls. Once I remove the toilet is their a device that I can buy to put over the opening so that gasses dont get...
29
29

PEX Tubing For Home Usage; Basic Questions On ?
Hello, Re PEX plastic piping for home usage. Looked at several sites on, but still have a few basic questions, please: a. Just how "popular" is this stuff ? When used, or specified ? b. Compared to...
36
36

Outdoor Radon is the problem..
I've been trouble-shooting for 3 years my radon problem...but just recently believe the problem is outdoors and not indoors. I have an electronic radon monitor that updates reading like every 30...
24
24

patch - peeling layers of paint vs edges
This started with just the ceiling in a bathroom, but really has evolved into another thread regarding - how to handle patching the micro cliff edge left with peeling layers of paint & where they meet...
6
6

strip wallpaper - Wagner 705 power steamer
happen to see this mentioned in another wallpaper thread, Wagner 705 Power Steamer - $49.00 Just wanted to say it worked out great for steaming off the wallpaper in our bathroom.... Ran over to Home...

How to mortar a whirlpool tub?
I have a tub I am putting in - it needs to be supported by stringers on 3 sides (to level the tub only). Then it will need approx 1 1/4" of mortar or so underneath it to properly support the base. I...
18
18

Tipping Gutter Downspout?
Does anybody know what the correct term/name is for this gadget and where I can buy a "tipping gutter downspout"? I remember seeing this device once years back at a hardware store but I've been unable...
6
6

Mag Light Battery Corrosion (off topic)
I recently had a battery corrode in my black 4D cell Mag light. Old style bulb, if that's relevant. The 4D mag light by my front door was dead. I managed to get the tail cap off (two big pipe...
13
13

Central A/C in attic
I am planning to install central A/C in attic for the house addition and three existing rooms on the second story. There will be no forced air furnace, just central split system A/C. I cannot find any...
13
13

Washable Electrostatic Furnace Filters - Use While Wet?
I was looking at one of these "permanent" furnace filters at the Borg the other day: question: After you rinse one of these can you put back in while it's still wet or should you keep a spare...
26
26

Glue for backsplash?
Hello, I have made an arbrite countertop and have made a seperate 4 inch high backsplash for the back of the countertop. I need to glue it to the kitchen wall... The wall is primed and newly painted...
7
7

#7 screw?
I have a wall fixture that's held up with two machine screws. I'm changing the way it's mounted and need shorter screws. But the screws are smaller than a #8/32 and bigger than a #6/32. I even tried...
12
12

Washing Machines Back up or overflow
Once a week I am visiting customers due to their washing machine backing up and flooding part of the house. Your washing machine drain overflowing can be influenced by any of the following: ? Clogged...
6
6