Subject Author Posted Replies

Paint can tip
Whenever I open up a gallon paint can, I take a drywall screw and punch about a dozen holes in the recess of the lip the lid goes into. This keeps the depression from filling with paint, as it will...
19
19

Thanks for Barkeeper's Friend on Rusty Tile suggestion
Some time ago, I posted a question about how to get a rust stain out of white tile (these white tile floors will be the death of me...). I've forgotten who suggested Barkeeper's Friend, but I wanted...
2
2

Lost water pressure? ? ?
We live in a six-unit apartment building, three identical units stacked on each side. We were among the hardest hit cities by the February snow storms and got a fair amount of damage. During the...
12
12

Painting Question- sheetrock walls that were covered with wallpaper
Hi, I am in the process of painting a room(note: these walls are sheetrock) that the walls were covered with wallpaper. I already removed the wallpaper but noticed that the walls are not all smooth....
8
8

Question about my water well
I moved into a rural home which has a water well. I have no info at all on what type of pump is in the well, or its age. All I do know is that it is submersible, and it produces 15 GPM. The well guy...
14
14

Repairing a sliding glass door
One of my sliding glass doors has become really difficult to open - it does not glide smoothly, despite the track being clean. Based on the rumbling noise when it rolls along, it is obviously time to...
40
40

The Real Steve B to everyone
Apparently I have a stalker who has been posting rude comments using my account information. One can merely go to TOOLS ACCOUNTS PROPERTIES GENERAL and duplicate anyone's info and post and appear to...
1
1

Still more on Prius runaway
The article is from Forbes. The author is critical of the press that swallowed the story hook, line, and sinker. He says he found several flaws that a newsman should've found.
127
127

Garage sale tools and stuff
Popular Mechanics article on what to buy, what to skip, pitfalls and profits. http://www.popularmechanics.com/home_journal/tools/4349028.html
6
6

Moving a camper trailer
.. with 360° maneuverability Video: See now why does'nt this exist? See now why does'nt this exist?
9
9

Which Paint Mixer?
I've had a couple of paint stirrers. Neither seemed to work real well. Which design do you think works best. Here are a collection from Amazon I'm only interested in the one-gallon size. The "Turbine...
9
9

Insulating behind/around electrical boxes
Almost ready to start the rewiring of my house, just need to finish up my plans. I am probably going to go with plastic old work boxes that are 3.5" inches deep in most situations. This is going to...
9
9

Thompsons water seal equivilent?
Hello, I have sort of a "love hate" relationship with this Thompsons Water sealer for my deck. I use it every year to seal my cedar deck boards and cedar deck walls. It looks absolutely fantastic! It...
15
15

More on that runaway Prius...
"Gomez said the best evidence that his client was frantically slamming the brakes is that a California Highway Patrol officer who was giving Sikes instructions over a loudspeaker smelled burning...
74
74

Electrical box size
Do I have this right? Three 12/2 NM cables going into a plastic box with an outlet conductors 6 grounds 1 Oulet 3 Total 10 10 times 2.25 = 22.5 cubic inch box needed.
8
8