Subject Author Posted Replies

Running AC and cable tv (coax) in exterior walls
I want to mount an LCD TV above an 8 foot wide door in my bedroom. I have to run the wires in the finished exterior insulated wall and had a few questions. 1) From what I read it is okay to notch load...
26
26

comic flooring for the group
With all the recent threads on here about snap-together floors, I thought the group might enjoy this: http://www.chron.com/apps/comics/showComic.mpl?date=2010/3/22&name=F_Minus...
2
2

Carpet wrinkles
We bought this house about 7 years ago, and after a few years the carpeting in the living room went from normally taught to having wrinkles - some of these get to about an inch above the wood...
8
8

Good home radon detector kit?
Anybody have any facts or opinions on a good home radon detector kit? It would be used just once, to see if a prblem exists. Thanks
2
2

Dissatisfied Customer
Beware this is a TOTAL RIP OFF !! This company charges you for wrong numbers, products and services you do not handle at your place of buisness, non answered phone calls, personal calls to employee's,...
5
5

DIY quiz
http://www.popularmechanics.com/home_journal/workshop/4349527.html http://www.popularmechanics.com/home_journal/workshop/4349527.html

Should I clean car battery terminals? and if so how?
Perhaps not technically home repair but my car is like an extension of my home... Anyway, I noticed that there is a lot of "crud" (grainy white/green stuff - looks like dried toothpaste) on the...
56
56

Sneaky car dealers
I saw this on an auto newsgroup and fund it interesting. And dangerous too! dealership used a system called Webtech Plus as an alternative to repossessing vehicles that haven't been paid for. Operated...
20
20

Disconnect electric toothbrush
I was away for a month. Came back to find my Sonicare dead; unable to be revived. My housemate said he unplugged it because the Web site said to do so if not in use "for an extended period", and he...
29
29

Line switch on vacuum cleaner
I have a Black & Decker Dirt Buster that had the switch repaired about 2 years ago. It is out again. I don't want to spend the $$ to have another repair that won't last. I went to put on a...
6
6

Advice on laminate/hardwood flooring
I have solid hardwood Bruce flooring in my dinning room/kitchen. It was laid about 4 years ago. It is called "Gunstock". The carpet in my adjoining dinning room and adjacent hallway is showing it's...
21
21

Paint PVC
Is there way to paint PVC for exterior exposure? I want to pain PVC soffit vent to match the siding.
8
8

Do sump pumps need 'exercising'?
Hello all, Is it better to set the drain of a whole-house water filter (which does its backwash every 3 days or so) to empty into a sump, or to bypass it? What I'm asking is whether its good to keep a...
9
9

Shoes
There has been a recent discussion about work shoes. This is about shoes in general. I just want to say that I have bought good shoes. Yes, I have bought some cheap ones for special purposes, but by...
38
38

240V overhead line NOT
I was watching Spike channels's 1000 ways to die. Some kid hit an overhead line with a sword. Spike said 240V killed him. If you hit an overhead line with a sword, the voltage would be 120V I know it...
29
29