Subject Author Posted Replies

door mechanism hole adapter plate thing :-)
I've got a door with a hole of around 2-1/8" in diameter for the handle/ latch mechanism, but the handle/latch assembly I have seems designed for a smaller hole, as the tabs which extend inwards from...
1
1

Insurance claim....
Awl -- As some of you may know, the NY, NJ area got clobbered by a windstorm last week (75+ mph), after quite a snow storm a couple of weeks before. Damage was extensive, thousands of trees blown...
42
42

SKIL TWIST SCREWDriver battery - disassembly help
The battery pack for my SKIL Twist Cordless Screw Driver is dead. Measures 4.3 volts but will not accept a charge. I want to replace the NiCd cells myself. However, I need help that explains how to...
7
7

Sony stereo won't shut off.
I have a Sony STR D990 When i try to shut it off i get a message in the window DRLC Main What is it & how can i fix it ?
10
10

Bonding to existing panel ground
I'm helping out a friend with a new house who wants to add surge protection. The plan is to use a whole house AC surge protector at the panel and a seperate cable coax surge protector located a few...
12
12

Cordless trim saw
As stated elsewhere I will be installing solid hardwood flooring. I have a cheap telta table top saw, a orbital jig saw, etc. Would a cordless trim saw be somethign good to have for a project such as...
5
5

Wacker pump as a sump solution?
I have a house that is built on solid ledge and I'm getting a lot of water lately with all these storms in the northeast. Putting in sump pump will be very difficult to say the least. I can break up...
9
9

suction cup problems on tile walls
I've got some suction cup holder to stick on tile walls in our shower. For some reason, they're not sticking. Anyone know of some kind of clear glue I might get and use which won't hurt the tile???
25
25

How will a new oil furnace humidifier work.
If I get a new oil furnace with humidifier and with AC, is there a method provided to turn the humidifier off, especially the water, OTHER THAN the little valve on the water pipe that feeds the copper...
11
11

Sticky faucet spray hose
The spray hose on my kitchen sink used to slide easily, but eventually leaked and was replaced. The replacement has to be pushed down into its hole after use rather than simply dropping down. Should I...
6
6

What kinds of artisan?
I have a few urgent jobs around the house that I don't feel qualified to tackle but I'm not sure what kind of company or artisan I need to contact for help: 1) Two main-floor and one basement window...
5
5

Abrasive sink polishing kit worked wonders
My sink was stained up and had irremovable hard water/corrosion stains. I went to home depot and found a $10 sink polishing kit. It has various grades of sandpaper. Amazingly it took everything off...
7
7

Ice maker water line
I put a new water valve in the refrigerator,Now when i put back the copper supply it has a small leak at the fitting. I cut the fitting off & installed a new compression ferrule & it still leaks no...
16
16

Flooring nailer
I have a coupon to get this pretty cheap: you tell me if this wil work for layign about 500 square feet of 3/4 inch solid flooring? It says it will do 1/2 and 25/32. DOes this mean it wont do 3/4? I...
14
14

copper powder and roses
Hello has anyone heard of using copper powder to control insects around rose bushes?
5
5