Subject Author Posted Replies

House wiring problem
Question for the gurus. I just tested my housewiring (at the wall outlet) and found that I have 120V AC between the hot and return, only I can't tell which of the top two "slots" is hot and which is...
108
108

Feds: Gut homes with Chinese drywall
"NEW ORLEANS (AP) - Thousands of U.S. homes tainted by Chinese drywall should be completely gutted, according to new guidelines released Friday by the Consumer Product Safety Commission. "
33
33

Engineered wood flooring
I was wondering how difficult it is to install engineered wood flooring compared to laminate flooring. I have done several laminate floors but dont know anything about the engineered wood flooring. Is...
7
7

Contact cement removal
I have some dry contact cement on my carpet. How can i remove it ?
8
8

Gap opened up in laminate floor
Hi Folks - Over the last few months there has been a gap opening up in the laminate floor in my kitchen. 2 pieces of the floor are sliding for some reason. See these pics which show the floor - 's not...
8
8

Powder room exhaust fan
Can i use a Ductless fan ? Can i tie the fan into the light switch or does it need a seperate switch ? Will it pass code in Pennsylvania ?
10
10

Home Made Dust Collector Port - Ryobi AP10/12 Planer
A few years ago I saw pictures and discussion of a shop-made dust collection fitting for a Ryobi AP-10 or AP-12 Surface planer. It was on ABPW or someone's workshop web site. It was pieced together...

Washer bangs
My washer bangs if slightly out of balance on spinning. It never used to I noticed the tub, if I manually push it when it's stopped, will flex right, flex to the left and flex forward but bumps...
8
8

PEX pipe causes cancer
It's just been announced by the Department of Health that the chemicals used in the manufacture of PEX pipe cause cancer when these pipes are used for drinking water. The chemicals leech into the...
12
12

Alcoholics Anonymous is going out of business
Alcoholics Anonymous is going out of Business. April 1, 2010 We're very sorry to announce that Alcoholics Anonymous is going out of business, effective immediately. We have been helping persons with...
32
32

Hone Organizer
ListerPro Professional Organizer Software 12 Programmable Listboxes / Unlimited Entries Free Fully Functional Timed Version One Entry Counter Per Listbox BackUp Load and Save Options Programmable...

which end of house to mount fan?
Am thinking that I'd like to put a vent fan in my attic this year before it gets too hot, to improve attic ventilation. House was built in late 40's and has unusual roof with no soffits, end of roof...
12
12

CORDLESS DRILL
After several years, the battery in my cordless drill is dead. As is often the case, a replacement battery costs more than the whole drill ! The drill gets occasional light-duty use around the house....
12
12

Maybe another try at getting home thermostat
Just before winter hit my old Maple Chase thermostat died. So I thought I'd go out and buy a big brand name... Honeywell Purchased 5-1-1 Day Programmable Thermostat - RTH6400D To my surprise this...
16
16

Basement french drain installation how-to videos?
I am trying to find some good videos, books, or instructions on installing basement perimeter French drain and sump pump systems. I've been searching on and I can find tons of videos, but most are...