Subject Author Posted Replies

Prank
My earlier post about the leaking faucet reminded me of a prank my kids pulled on my wife many, many years back. Perhaps it'll inspire you to have some fun as well. Back then, our kitchen sink had a...
11
11

Water under sink
We all have embarrassing moments, and I've certainly had my share. I had surgery on my nose a week back, and cannot bend at the waist or pick anything up for a couple weeks. That's harder to comply...
6
6

Adjusting the blade and fence on a cheap table saw
I bought an inexpensive Craftsman 10" table saw on Craigslist, and the manual gives instructions for making sure both the blade and the fence are squared up with the mitre slot, and therefore with...
9
9

Fencing Materials
My neighbors and I are looking to rebuild our fence, and we need to discuss materials. I know plastic will come up, but I'm against that, as in my opinion it's not mature enough of a product, and I've...
15
15

Define "Normally Open" vs. "Normally Closed"
I'm replacing a broken surface mount magnetic switch mounted on my garage door that controls a signal light in the house that comes on when the door is open. Thus, I need a switch that is OPEN...
40
40

Adding Ceiling Fan
I want to add a ceiling to a Bedroom. There is a light switch that operates an outlet. I'd like to use it for a ceiling fan. The problem is there is only a small access panel in a closet. How can i do...
8
8

Direct power vent
Can someone explain to me what direct power vent is? I understand that direct vent and is the vent that vents naturally, power vent has blower, what "direct power vent" is? I am going to buy and...
11
11

leveling Intex pool platform with sand
I wanted to get one of those Intex 8 foot diameter pools for my backyard like this one: stress it is important to install on a level surface. I wanted to install it on a concrete area in my backyard (...
6
6

Ever work on an oil rig?
Seems like somebody here mentioned working on floating rigs once. I've been sitting here wondering for 3 days or so why those robots don't freeze the pipes to stem the flow of oil through them. Seems...
59
59

Can you identify this tree found in Northern California?
Can you identify this tree found in northern California? are branches and flowers pulled off of the tree earlier today. I think it might be a mulbury or hibiscus but can't seem to find the exact...
13
13

Solar water
http://www.compactsolarwater.com/
9
9

Following the building code, wood instead of drywall?
I have a customer whose basement flooded. The lower two feet of drywall were removed from the finished section of the basement. To simplify rebuilding and reduce possible damage my customer would like...
12
12

Fence post "transplant"
We are moving a fence and want to reclaim the posts, etc. When we pull them up, they will obviously still have the original concrete around the base. Would we need to have additional concrete when we...
4
4

Cable TV and Internet from different providers over same coax
Hi, We have one coax cable coming into the house for cable/internet services, but I'd like to use Dish for TV and Time Warner for broadband. Is it possible to duplex both signals on the same coax or...
5
5

Suntouch Pentair Solar Pool Controller, anyone have one?
If so, please let me know. I have some questions.