Subject Author Posted Replies

Why Put gravel under concrete?
I have poured many small sidewalks and shed floors and never put gravel under the concrete. I want to pour a driveway section in front of the garage and was told by a guy at the concrete company (who...
22
22

Acrid odor from GE energy smart bulbs
A couple days ago I a pack of 3 GE energy smart bulbs. These things have mercury in them, and they give off a somewhat acrid odor when lit. Anybody else experineced or heard about this and whether...
14
14

I'd rather look at this dead one than have a live one
rat http://www.unexco.com/gallery/mummyrat.jpg

toilet issues
The water is flushing out the tank, but it is not draining out of the bowl. When it does drain out the bowl is drains really really slow. There is not any pressure behind the drain. I read information...
22
22

Bosch DLX series dishwasher doesn't dry...
We have had a Bosch dishwasher for several years now, and I swear it used to dry dishes quite well. I mean, you'd get a bit of residual water in the dimple bottom of an overturned glass, but nothing...
8
8

Sheet metal for backsplash?
I heard that copper or stainless steel make good backsplash for the kitchen. HAs anyone tried them? How about grease from cooking? What effect could that be? Also, do they come on a roll or sections?
11
11

Laminate Flooring
Has anyone bought from Lumber Liquidators ? At HD Laminate floors run around $3.00 sf. Lumber Liquidators show prices around $1.00 Or do you get what you pay for.
3
3

Using UF cable under a deck.
I wanted to put an outlet on the outside of my deck next to the pool for the pump and timer. The deck is attached to the house. Can I run UF cable from my basement under the deck, fastened to one of...
20
20

Slow and Gurgling
My bathroom sink has always been a bit slow. I clean it and it improves slightly. The gurgling takes place when in the shower. The shower drains ok, but the sink is talking to it. I assume this has...
2
2

Gator-Bite and Distorted Copper Pipe
What I've got here is copper pipe coming in as the water main from the street and whoever did the installation bent the pipe from where it comes up from under the foundation to save the work of...
11
11

Need ideas for less expensive pool cover & motor replacement
Has anyone an idea for fixing a pool cover less expensively than from the pool-cover company? Since it's a "safety" feature, I didn't expect parts to be cheap but my vinyl Infinity 4000 pool cover was...
14
14

Three questions about two-stroke gas power tools (chain saw & hedge trimmer & vacuum/blower)
I'm new to two-stroke gas-powered equipment having owned the following California-emissions models for only six months and I'd like to ask one question of each: 1. Craftsman 18" two-stroke chain saw...
13
13

How to drag large garbage can?
Our city provides large garbage cans, about 4' tall and 30" square. Full, they can weigh up to 200 pounds, especially if we fill them with heavy ice plant. Our home is located at the bottom of a...
86
86

Is A/C capacitor supposed to look like this?
Trane central air unit quit doing its thing (recently made another post about it) and I finally cracked open the housing. Here are some pics - front and rear of a capacitor and a pano of the...
77
77

OT - childrens meds recall
Go to this site for the full story and a link to request a refund or coupon for each bottle you have. Check your inventory: Motrin, Zyrtec and Benedryl are all involved.