Subject Author Posted Replies

Replacement of old MAIN all-fuse panel with a circut breaker panel
I have installed CB sub-panels many a times with no problem because I can disconnect the live wires at the main panel. In the old house I am fixing, I need to replace the all-fuse MAIN panel with a...
36
36

OT: Betty White on SNL
47 minute video.... from SNL last night is one classy lady.
3
3

Best insecticide
Make your own DDT Full instructions: http://blog.planetpreterist.com/index.php?itemid=2461 http://blog.planetpreterist.com/index.php?itemid=2461
22
22

OT: 3D shadow box
I now have the back and sides framed out. The woodriver bench plane is a bit big for the job of the angles but made it work well enough sliver by sliver until they all fit just right. The top piece is...
2
2

installing a new toilet- question, almost done, took level and noticed not level..??help
Hi, I have already installed the toilet and took a level and see that it is not exactlyl level..does this matter? please advise as to what should be done, thanks
22
22

Questions about frost heave ?
This is one subject that I find impossible to understand. Although the theory about having a firm foundation to a point just below the frost line is clear, everywhere I look I see construction of...
8
8

Mother's day gift- WOW!
Don got me a full quality craftsman wood spoke shave! And a #3 Woodriver bench plane. Then he flushed out my old hand carving set and got me 5 new blades and a better sharpening stone (this small set...
1
1

Green Sludge In Plumbing?
I was doing a little plumbing yesterday and came across something I hadn't seen before. I cut a 1/2 copper pipe about a half inch from a sweated copper coupling. Inside the pipe was small amount of...
1
1

A/C efficiency question
OK, it was chilly last night, went down to 47F. House stayed above 72 with no heat. Temps will be up in the 80's today. I normally keep the windows and doors closed due to allergies. Is it less...
14
14

I have a FREUS 4 ton and love it.
I've had this unit for the past 5 years and have had only minor problems with some of the electical switches. Minor repairs under warranty. My home is in Chandler AZ. the average utility bill is under...
6
6

Replacing old garage door remote
Because, even though I've changed the remote code a couple of times, my garage door has recently opened "by itself" several times, I bought a Genie Intellicode replacement remote opener. I'm supposed...
10
10

Dryer cu
I see that most washer cu is around 5 but dryer cu is around 7. If your washer is 5, would you benefit from a 7.3 instead of a 7?
12
12

Exterior door behind storm door, interior or exterior paint?
I will paint an exterior door that is behind a "full" glass storm door. The doors are mostly protected from the sun except near sunset by a small over hanging roof. Should I be using interior or...
5
5

Ideas to cover insulation in unfinished basement
I would like to start using my basement more. I don't have the time or money to finish it and not sure if I would want to anyway. Half the wall is above ground so its insulated with plastic stapled...
10
10

HOA conflict
"A homeowner in California is fighting his HOA because they won't let him get a guard llama."
20
20