Subject Author Posted Replies

Question About "Cal Rod" Origin
Were does this come from...I always thought "NiChrome" was more accurate? (And yes, I did try to Google it!) Thanks
6
6

Need help repiring rust hole in Weber grill dome
Discovered 1/2 inch hole in my Weber Grill dome. I have a Benzomatic torch, but would like a simple way to repair hole before I repaint. Thanks for your help. Bruce
46
46

Kitchen range-switching from gas to electric 240v ?
HI: While cooking dinner tonight our 14 year old gas range made a sudden, LOUD, **Crack** Bang ** sound like a light bulb exploding. Looking it over it seems that something electrical is fried- the...
161
161

Soot on Ceiling
OK, I thought this would be easy. There was some black soot near a ceiling register from an oil furnace. So, I got on a ladder with a damp sponge, thinking I could just wipe it off. Well, it didnĀ¹t...
17
17

OT: Real estate is moving again in Florida :o)
There have been three units in our condo for sale for about the past 3 years, two of which were empty most of that time. Why the empty ones weren't rented is beyond me, but I don't know the depths of...

pool solar panel repair
Installing solar panels for pool today and dropped the drill on it as it slid down my roof put a hole in the black panel about inch or less. Any ideas on how to repair?...
18
18

Old Concrete Driveway
Hi, I have an old concrete driveway in my house and it has been painted over a few times (at least twice that I can tell from the colors visible). The driveway is obviously chipping/peeling in a few...
18
18

Solution
This is not a problem we've encountered before, so we'd like to learn more about it. Can you contact our Customer Service team ( and tell us what model you have? We'll report back anything we learn.

Houston Television Wall Mounting and Projector Installation
Installs Plus provides home and business audio visual installations, we specializes in: plasma tv mounting, led tv mounting, lcd tv mounting, projector installation, and surrond sound installation in...

How to Clean Concrete Garage Floor
I have new tenants moving into a townhouse I own, and the garage floor looks bad after 27 years of oil stains etc. I tried pressure washing it, but it really made no difference since I guess the oil...
11
11

MIN DISTANCE FROM EDGE OF SINK TO NEAREST ELECTRIC OUTLET
I am helping an elderly lady get her house ready to sell. There is an electrical outlet in the wall about 26 inches from the nearest point of the sink. I know it has been mentioned here many many...
35
35

help wiring rotary phone
My mom gave me this phone. It is a replica of an old one. She had to attach phone wires on the circuit board to make it work but can't remember how she did it..fluke really.....so Now I have my phone...
11
11

Cooper Lighting Motion Sensor Outdoor Light, Turning Light On
Hi, I'm trying to help a relative who lost the owner's manual for her Cooper Lighting model MS80W outdoor motion sensor flood light. She no longer wants the motion sensor feature, but wants to be able...
9
9

What is a good solvent to remove permanent marker on plastic?
The kids scribbled on a plastic outdoor item and I'm amazed the permanent marker hasn't been removed by the alcohol nor by the gasoline soaked rag. What's a good solvent to remove permanent marker on...
29
29

Shoddy work, no permits, buildings collapsing
A mere 2,000 years after being built "[ROME] Falling chunks of mortar from Rome's Colosseum has rekindled the debate about the state of the Italian capital's archaeological treasures -- some of which...
5
5