Subject Author Posted Replies

Stranded roof/gutter ideas?
I am rebuilding an above garage master at my home. Two gable dormers at the front, and original plan was to run eyebrow and gutter all the way across to take care of drainage with down pipe at far...
11
11

Need help building knee wall
I want to add a knee wall to an existing opening between my Dining room & Kitchen. How can i cut the Corner Bead on the existing opening from the height of my kneewall ( 42" ) to the floor ? I won't...
8
8

Air exchanger motor runs hot.
Daughter's 18 year old house air exchanger failed. It's in her basement, hung from the main floor joists above. Found the single 115 volt one-twelfth HP motor that is mounted vertically and turns two...
18
18

String Trimmer Question
My 4 year old Ryobi string trimmer started acting up and I can't figure what's wrong...It starts fine and idles till it warms up then stalls but will start right back up..It also bogs down and stalls...
15
15

HF knock-off
Things are getting mighty confused when a Chinese company starts copying a Harbor Freight tool! Here's a copy of the HF Multifunction Miracle Tool, made by "RichPower Tool Company" of Hong Kong as...
25
25

Angle grinder for cutting wood
Novice has small angle grinder (takes discs 115 mm with central hole diameter 22mm). The discs i've already got for it are for grinding tiles and metal. Having knocked down a very old cedar garden...
104
104

Pump motor starts and stops
------------------------------------- Steven C. Mattson _ _ _ _ | |_ | |__ (_) ___ (_) ___ _ __ ___ _ _ | __|| '_ | |/ __| | |/ __| | '_ ` _ | | | | | |_ | | | || |__ | |__ | | | | |
5
5

Purpose/History Of A Spiral Staircase???
Just looking for a little history info. and hoping that someone can help. My friend is "House Hunting" and looking for a new home. I went with her the other day, and looked at a house that she really...
13
13

Painting Question: Best Way To Paint Indoor Door so brushmarks are minimal
I have been painting for several years.. Whenever I paint indoor doors (as well as outdoors) I just use a brush.. However, sometimes I am getting unsightly brush strokes... What would be the best way...
13
13

Question About "Cal Rod" Origin
Were does this come from...I always thought "NiChrome" was more accurate? (And yes, I did try to Google it!) Thanks
6
6

Need help repiring rust hole in Weber grill dome
Discovered 1/2 inch hole in my Weber Grill dome. I have a Benzomatic torch, but would like a simple way to repair hole before I repaint. Thanks for your help. Bruce
46
46

Kitchen range-switching from gas to electric 240v ?
HI: While cooking dinner tonight our 14 year old gas range made a sudden, LOUD, **Crack** Bang ** sound like a light bulb exploding. Looking it over it seems that something electrical is fried- the...
161
161

Soot on Ceiling
OK, I thought this would be easy. There was some black soot near a ceiling register from an oil furnace. So, I got on a ladder with a damp sponge, thinking I could just wipe it off. Well, it didnĀ¹t...
17
17

OT: Real estate is moving again in Florida :o)
There have been three units in our condo for sale for about the past 3 years, two of which were empty most of that time. Why the empty ones weren't rented is beyond me, but I don't know the depths of...

pool solar panel repair
Installing solar panels for pool today and dropped the drill on it as it slid down my roof put a hole in the black panel about inch or less. Any ideas on how to repair?...
18
18