Subject Author Posted Replies

Staining a banister
I have a stair banister to re-stain. Would paint stripper work or do I have to sand it? Thanks.
11
11

How to prep aluminum for painting?
I have a screen room with aluminum framework. One piece of the aluminum has had the original bronze finish stripped off by some sort of animal "excrement". After I lightly sand the aluminum, what...
8
8

John Deere L130 video. What do you guys think?
Here are some videos after I replaced the idler pully, spring, and idler arm bracket. I need to buy a new belt as this one is frayed. Does this look like it is running right? ?v=jkgLHb24cdw
3
3

1st time using a miter saw.
I want to cut miters on some baseboards. Should i cut the miters with the board standing up, OR should i lay them down & tilt the saw blade ?
4
4

How much power does a 120v 15A lighted switch use anyway?
Just bought a dozen Leviton decora single pole 15A 120VAC lighted rocker switches (model 5611, aka model 105-05611-21S). Nothing on the box says how much power each of the lighted bulb uses when the...
69
69

Possible Dishwasher Problem with Hardwood Floor
As mentioned in another thread, I'm in the process of putting down 3/4 T&G in a few interconnected rooms/hall. I'm not in the kitchen yet but I knew up front the dishwasher clearance may be a strong...
13
13

Lawn mower problem
My lawn mower runs for a while, but when it is shut it down I cannot restart it. In addition the gas leaks out of the tank. For starters what could be the problem? Should I take it to get it repaired...
7
7

Dead Sumacs
I had a bunch of sumac trees on the west bank of my gulley which jutted out over the lawn for afternoon and evening sun. I went down there today. All dead. Is this a bad sumac year or what? Some were...
3
3

Negotiating Estimates
Recently solicited estimates for an electrical service upgrade from our 150amp, 20 circuit box to 30/36 circuits, including installation of new water meter grounding as per code, and reattaching the...
22
22

How long does skunk stink last?
For years I've had a woodchuck living under my shed, but I think a skunk has been encroaching on his territory because my shed has the distinct aroma of skunk foof. I'm trying to determine if I have a...
10
10

[SOLVED] GE Profile Dishwasher error code "2h"
My GE Profile dishwasher worked just fine on Saturday. When I tried to run it on Sunday, the display read "2h" instead of the number of minutes remaining in the cycle. It clearly has power, but it...
18
18

Duty Cycle of Propane Torch?
I was using one of these propane torches yesterday to torture some weeds and grass that had sprung up between some paving stones. have used this same torch for sweating copper and never had any...
18
18

Ryobi Blower Only Runs With Choke Closed
I need some advice from the small engine gurus in this group. The History: My Ryobi 340BV blower ran fine all during the fall. Towards the end of the season, I had started it multiple times over the...
30
30

well stocked small toolbox
DD called me twice last week as she is moving out of her apartment (across the country, or I'd be there helping -- even though she doesn't want help.) "How do I get the legs off the couch? OK, what...
10
10

John Deere L 130 belt help
I have a John Deere L 130 with a kohler engine. I am having problems with the mower belt. I bought a new one about a month ago. It is already chewed up and came off a few times. I spent several hours...
7
7