Subject Author Posted Replies

Specing out coating?
Is there a website or calculator for specing out coatings? What is the frame of reference for permeability/breathability (30%?), elongation (300%), tensile strength (2000 psi?), viscosity (to make for...

tennis court construction and funky shape of tennis net post footing
I'm making a home tennis court out of an asphalt paved area. I've already bought the net and posts. The specified concrete footing for each tennis net post is a 30" square at the bottom, tapering up...
23
23

Fuel line marked MXRI
Fuel line marked MXRI for the Briggs & Stratton part # 791766 may not be suitable for fuel and may crack and leak.
1
1

Programmable Thermostats for Heat Pumps
Anyone have first hand recommendations for programmable thermostats for heat pumps? Thanks
5
5

Bedroom TV
Searched available groups but none seem to have a subject pertaining to my question. So here goes in this group where people have been well versed over the years. I'm searching for what I call a...
56
56

Post Pulling away from Deck. Pics.
Hi, I attached some photos. Looking for some advice on how to deal with this. I'm thinking of nailing in an L bracket or two into the right angle of the post and the diagonal 2 x 4 you can see in the...
27
27

Hunter Original Fan
I have a Hunter Original Fan circa 1995. Not much use but it is running slow ( bad capacitor ). I am told the capcitor is in the oil bath if so how do you get to it for repair. It is 3 speed with...
4
4

Atlas toilets
Hi, Does anyone have any experience with Ariela toilets by Atlas, such as this one. design would fit our decor, but I have never heard of this brand. (I understand the dual flush system and am OK with...
2
2

Aluminum wiring spray
Sometimes, I work on panel boxes with big aluminum wires coming in. I can get Noalox. Or, Ox-Gard, which is grey paste that retards corrosion. Is something available in a spray can, so I can apply it...
10
10

Pinhole leaks in attic pipe -- diagnosis and replacement questions
I had a flood, due to a leaking pipe in my attic crawlspace (brick house, built 1943, Tucson AZ, pipe likely put in during 1970 kitchen remodel). The leak was apparently due to corrosion the plumber...
6
6

GFCI vs appliance manufacturers -previously elec code Q
In an earlier thread I stated I needed to add some circuits in the basement and several replied that by code they need to be GFI. Several of the major appliance manufacturers, including GE, Amana etc...
34
34

How To Fix/Repair Rock Salt Burned Yellow Lawn!?
Hello All, This question I am asking is not a problem that I have, but a problem that I am trying to help someone with. I have an eldery 85 year old neighbor, that I am trying to help out. Here is the...
27
27

Freezer question, your experience.
It never pumps air out to begin with sounds more realistic NT
59
59

Long bolt: make my own?
I need to attach some wood to a post at the top of my stairs to be able to mount a baby gate. I was just going to bolt the wood to the post. Problem is that the bolts have to be pretty long. I bought...
39
39

Shed double door replacement
In the grand scheme of things this is a pretty minor problem. But........ The double doors on my shed have deteriorated past fixing. I need to open both at once to get my riding mower in and out. I...
12
12