Subject Author Posted Replies

Laminate Flooring for Kitchen?
My wife just saw some laminate flooring she likes, and she wants to pick it up for our kitchen area. I've never had laminate flooring before, so I don't know much about it. It is affordable, but I'm...
16
16

Harbor Freight coupons
You can also download & print them at: http://www.harborfreightusa.com/popmechanic
4
4

Red Maple
Recently, a red ribbon was stapled to the big red maple tree out front in the city right of way. I came to find out the tree is slated for removal, but I don't know why. There's a lot of mold on the...
28
28

Maytag Dishwasher recall
Your customizable and curated collection of the best in trusted news plus coverage of sports, entertainment, money, weather, travel, health and lifestyle, combined with Outlook/Hotmail, Facebook,...
1
1

Recommend screw extractors that work?
We have all experienced screw heads breaking off on occasion and its always quite a job to get the old one out and then trying to fix the damage. I've tried a couple of tpical screw extraction...
35
35

Water in bottom of fridge
Subject line explains it. I did search for info, and found web archives about removing ice from under the base-plate of the freezer compartment. And there was indeed a big sheet of ice where there...
8
8

Like plywood, but weatherproof
Looking for something to use as a simple unattached 'floor' for on a fire escape. Needs to be rain-proof of course. A big sheet of 1/8" aluminum would probably do it, but I have a feeling that there...
16
16

Specing out coating?
Is there a website or calculator for specing out coatings? What is the frame of reference for permeability/breathability (30%?), elongation (300%), tensile strength (2000 psi?), viscosity (to make for...

tennis court construction and funky shape of tennis net post footing
I'm making a home tennis court out of an asphalt paved area. I've already bought the net and posts. The specified concrete footing for each tennis net post is a 30" square at the bottom, tapering up...
23
23

Fuel line marked MXRI
Fuel line marked MXRI for the Briggs & Stratton part # 791766 may not be suitable for fuel and may crack and leak.
1
1

Programmable Thermostats for Heat Pumps
Anyone have first hand recommendations for programmable thermostats for heat pumps? Thanks
5
5

Bedroom TV
Searched available groups but none seem to have a subject pertaining to my question. So here goes in this group where people have been well versed over the years. I'm searching for what I call a...
56
56

Post Pulling away from Deck. Pics.
Hi, I attached some photos. Looking for some advice on how to deal with this. I'm thinking of nailing in an L bracket or two into the right angle of the post and the diagonal 2 x 4 you can see in the...
27
27

Hunter Original Fan
I have a Hunter Original Fan circa 1995. Not much use but it is running slow ( bad capacitor ). I am told the capcitor is in the oil bath if so how do you get to it for repair. It is 3 speed with...
4
4

Atlas toilets
Hi, Does anyone have any experience with Ariela toilets by Atlas, such as this one. design would fit our decor, but I have never heard of this brand. (I understand the dual flush system and am OK with...
2
2