Subject Author Posted Replies

Dryer Vent Cleaning Videos:
http://www.sos.net/~pkrogh/dvc.html
14

New Shower Head
We stayed at a hotel recently that had a Moen 3838 shower head that we really liked. See (I'm assuming that model is the correct one. It looks exactly like the one in the hotel.) According to the...
10
10

If you had roofing work done:
If you had roofing work done: 1. Did you check your attic to see if there is debris on the furnace or recessed lighting? 2. Did you check to see if the covers on your furnace did not fall off from the...
36
36

What's the trick to mowing grass on a steep hill with a gas push mower
What's the trick for mowing a half-football field sized steep slope with a gas push mower? I need to mow the steep hill at the side of my house which is overgrown with tall grasses and weeds. It looks...
66
66

Front loading GE washing machine recall
|main|dl6|link4| TinyURL.com - shorten that long URL into a tiny URL

GFCI breaker on hardwired pool pump?
My understanding is that code now requires a GFCI on hardwired residential pool pumps? I'm going to be doing some modification work on an existing circuit, essentially adding an additional electronic...
7
7

Room A/C spitting out chunks of black--dirt??
Hi all, I've got a Sears Kenmore room air conditioner unit in a thru-the-wall sleeve in my living room. When it's running, it keeps spitting out little pieces of black--something--perhaps dirt, that...
25
25

Would multiple GFI's cause breaker to trip?
I had gotten an Intex pool with a filter pump. I ran a UF cable outside, and I installed a weatherproof outlet, plus I installed it under my deck stairs so it would be out of the elements. The UF...
8
8

Ever get away with doing something stupid?
Every once in a while on a job I'll have a close call that just for the grace of god doesn't take off a digit or blind me. [not often, mind you, but probably a 1/2 dozen times in the last 50 years.]...
28
28

gas-resistant glue?
Does anyone know of a readily-available glue that's resistant to gas? The top of the breather cap (not the main cap) on my 5 gallon gas can broke - it doesn't look like they're available anywhere, and...
16
16

Not caught by inspector
Good news: The house had a SECRET ROOM! Bad news: It was full of moldy garbage. Other things missed by the inspector: * The countertop was not a countertop....it was floor tiling * Shower had a hole...
1
1

OT: Oil spill size
Neat site that uses Google earth to superimpose the oil spill over wherever in the world you want. Be sure to zoom out- first it doesn't look too bad as the original site is rather small compared to...
94
94

Humidity Detecting Switch
I've seen $250 humidity detecting fans (Broan?). I have a timer on my bath fans, and motion detectors on my hallway lights (installed when my dad was dying), so I can't believe they can't make a wall...
23
23

Faucet Cutoff Valve Hard to Turn
The faucet cutoff valves on a bathroom sink are extremely hard to turn. I mean HARD. I almost couldn't get the hot water to turn off, and I could not get the cold off because the handle is so close to...
6
6

Any tips on getting rid of ceramic tile?
Concrete sub-floor, no backer board. 40 year old 4 x 3 tiles with yellow "mastic" as the adhesive. It's caked on good underneath and it's old. I wanna prevent renting a Hilti/Kango with a scrapper...
13
13