Subject Author Posted Replies

miter question
i have a wall that is about hip high that forms a 90 degree enclosing a set of steps going down to the basement. i would like to widen( or cap ) the top with some wider lumber so that it may be used...
7
7

Murray lawnmowers
I needed a lawnmower. I was at a yard sale, and they had a new Murray 21 inch self propelled for twenty bucks. It wouldn't start. Everything looked new, so I bought it. The float bowl was dirty, and...
10
10

Best way to level a building
I just moved a fairly good size shed. It's now on my property and still sitting on the trailer. The spot I'm putting it is not very level. The shed has a treated 2x6 framed plywood floor is going to...
31
31

Basement Wall Cracks
I have a problem with horizontal and step cracking in my concrete block basement walls. The step cracking looks relatively minor, but there is a nasty looking horizontal crack most of the length of...
3
3

Flooring question part 2
A few weeks ago I posted a question regarding getting rid of ceramic tiles. Thanks to all who posted their answers. I appreciate it. I elected to use a hilti and floor scraper. Now my problem is...
6
6

AC Question
What is the sequence of failure when an AC filter is not changed, left to clog up, and the system fail? Can someone who knows AC explain how this works through the components. Steve
3
3

Best truck I ever had... gone
Here are some pix of my 06' Sprinter 118" wheel base, 5 cylinder Mercedes turbo diesel, outfitted my way, for my electrical service business. The truck was totaled in a minor head on collision two...
13
13

Running a 18volt li-lion battery
I have this edger that uses this battery and the manual says after using it a few times, let it run till your battery is dead and then immediately recharge it and it would finally be at its full...
7
7

Central A/C problems
Hi, I will post more details as I find them, but here's the situation in a nutshell. Our A/C cools air, but barely blows it out. The outdoor unit is on and seems to be functioning properly. We have...
7
7

Drop ceiling around ductwork.
I have to design a transition to flatten out some ductwork to go under a support beam in my basement. This will bring this square section down below the level of the drop ceiling. Where the drop...
2
2

pitfalls in replacing old toilet?
I was in the living room when I heard a loud bang from the bathroom. There was a crack going from a bolt hole in the tank right up the side. Water was spewing out the bottom. It was lucky that I was...
23
23

OT: beef
What the heck has happened? I was recently in a supermarket here in central Florida and was perusing the beef section (I'm seldom in a market). The selection was awful...although labeled "choice" the...
38
38

Oil in my well water
I have had the same well since the house was built in 68. The water was always good and clear. A few weeks after the BP leak I began noticing what looked like a film of oil in a glass. It's gotten...
10
10

Craftsman two-stroke weed whacker pull cord stuck somehow (what can it be)?
I was using the Craftsman two-stroke weed whacker and put it down to change the cutting string and when I picked it up to pull the starter cord, it would only move about five inches. So I took out the...
3
3

OT Incoming phone service only
I went to visit my aunt in the convalescent center. She has dementia. She seems very sharp minded, but sometimes she talks about things you know are just not true. Anyway, her children won't let her...
46
46