Subject Author Posted Replies

How to space blocks under trailer house
I'm levelling a used trailer house that I bought for storage. I know how to put the blocks under it, which means using solid 4x8x16 blocks against the soil, and stacking concrete blocks under the...
5
5

Oil spill
Ok, what's wrong with this plan to reduce (not stop) the oil from flowing until the relief wells are drilled? They apparently can use a saw to cut the pipe. Apparently the saw blade is such that the...
52
52

Electronic stove ignition
I have a Peerless-Premier 24" compact propane stove in which the electronic burner/oven ignition is inoperative. Looks like wires from on/off valve knobs and to spark thingies between the burners....
2
2

Window Air
Do they make a window air conditioner that doesn't let all the little nit flies through it? I have no leaks around the sides, top or bottom. I also have the space between the sashes covered. The only...
4
4

water dispenser
Whirlpool refrigerator. Fridge, freezer, ice maker all work well, but water dispenser water isn't cold. Any ideas? Thanks.
5
5

stop & waste valves, globe-type valves, and pressure regulator valves
I'm considering installing a water-powered sump pump, and the instructions include: Pipeline restrictions Pump should be teed-in before any devices that restrict water flow. Examples of such devices...
3
3

auto-changeover propane regulator
Are there auto-changeover propane regulators (or separate auto-changeover devices) for fixed (2x 1000 gallon) tanks? The propane company putting in my tanks had not heard of this, and Google searches...
11
11

Tiny bees
I have these little blackish bees in the outside of the house, I guess maybe 6mm long or so. I think they must be pretty common because I've seen them so many places before. They get into the little...
8
8

Lawn Maintenance
Lawn Maintenance is an essential part of home improvement, if you property looks bad, your home looks bad. We have been compiling articles about proper lawn maintenance & landscaping - and we would...
16
16

How to cut two 2 1/4" holes in vinyl soffit?
I need to cut two 2 1/4" holes in a vinyl vent type soffit. The holes will be next to each other for 2" PVC pipe to run through. The soffit vent material is not flat. It's flat for a few inches then...
21
21

OT - Mousetrap improvement
Not my idea, but wish it was.
29
29

Painting question
On new drywall & wood trim can i just paint with good quality paint or do i have to Prime first ?
20
20

Reasonable Cost?
I recently had a small job done by a plumber, and I'm wondering if I got a bargain, paid a typical price for this task, or was overcharged. This is in the greater Los Angeles area. I'd appreciate some...
41
41

mower runs for a couple of minutes only
I have a Scotts Turf Vac3 mower. A while ago, I noticed that occasionally it wouldn't start when hot. Now, the problem is very severe. When I start the engine the first time (when the engine is cold),...
35
35

Yet another concrete question
I want to pour some Sonotube bases for a metal awning. They will sit directly on caliche, hence no digging of footer holes to insert said Sonotubes into, just cut to length, and fill and use the...
31
31