Subject Author Posted Replies

Comic for the group
Saw this go by as I was taking my daily reality antidote on the comics websites, and thought y'all would enjoy it.
6
6

Basement slab weeping/leaking through bottom plate screw holes
I am finishing my basement. I used Tapcons to secure PT 2x4 to the basement slab. After a week of heavy rains, I noticed that all the screw holes were weeping water. There was definite circles of...
46
46

Question on what to put in A/C condenser unit to clean out drip line...
We have some kind of clearish, gel-like stuff growing in our drip line, and I really don't think bleach is the best thing to be dumping in my yard. Thinking if I just change the Ph a little for a...
25
25

barn paint
OK, so what's the downside of barn paint? Does it not last as long as "better" exterior paints - or is it just cheaper because it's only available in a very small range of colors? I bought 5 gallons...
20
20

OT -- Start-up File Issue
Upon bring my computer to life this morning, the start-up process clunked and clinked through the too-numerous items I enjoy over-loading my system tray with when Dr Watson's unhelpful warning screen...
14
14

Power mixer problem
Hi. I have a dual blade mixer which I'm using on some silvercoat for the roof. I've used that mixer one other time, 6 or 7 years ago when I did the same thing. So I go to use it just now and the...
3
3

Replacing Bath Vanity Light Fixture
We have a four bulb light fixture in a bathroom (80s silver chrome monstrosity) that I want to replace. But I don't want to tuse a four bulb fixture, only two or three. How do I do this safely?
13
13

What can I use to pump out my gas tank
The gas tank on my chevy has water in the gas. The seal around the sending unit got put in wrong when I changed the fuel pump. I have to dump all the gas/water in the tank and do not want to remove...
33
33

roofing estimate
I have an estimate from a roofer and will be meeting with him tomorrow. Would appreciate comments on some of the optional items he listed in the estimate. The house currently has regular asphalt type...
10
10

A/C fan won't shut off running at low RPM.
I've got an A/C that has been working fine this summer and normally when I set all the tstats to off the A/C shuts down and the fan stops as well. Right now I have the tstats off but the fan continues...
8
8

Gas fireplace advice
We live in coastal NH and renovated out house a couple of years ago. The one thing we miss from our old house is the fireplace and wood stove. Without going into the difficulties of putting in a real...
12
12

Attic fan question
I think I know the answer to this, but I want to get some feedback. We live in a hot climate. The second story of our house was built into the attic. The upstairs and downstairs have separate air...
37
37

OT: McDonald decided
McDonald - the Chicago handgun case - is reversed and remanded. The 14th Amendment incorporates the 2nd Amendment against the states. Decision is 5-4 with the usual suspects, Ginsberg, Breyer,...
2
2

Resetting AC indoor breaker; and what's wrong with my AC.
I would google but my house is so hot, opening the browser again makes the computer overheat. Someone posted that he feared resetting a high current breaker when the device it powered was on, was bad...
22
22

Leaky boards
I have some pine boards that have sappy veins in it and they are leaking sap. Is there any way to clean up the sap that is leaking all over the board (stored standing up)? How do I seal up these...
3
3