Subject Author Posted Replies

repair natural gas pipe leak?
I smell a small natural gas leak in my crawl space. I think it's been that way for several years. Previously I had called the utility company to check. The guy refused to go into the crawl space....
47
47

Interesting toilet leak
Or maybe not a leak, per se. My first floor toilet began running constantly between flushes 3 days ago. Not full blast, just a trickle to remind me of how I'll be spending part of my Saturday. Or so I...
23
23

OT How to straighten a bumper?
OT How to straighten a bumper? A friend, a different one this time, was hit from behind Wednesday night, while stopped at a stop sign. The other driver sped off, and he found the bumper on his Nissan...
10
10

Dedicated Circuit: Is Junction Box Required?
I plan on adding a dedicated 20A GFIC outlet above my kitchen countertop, fed from a new 20A circuit breaker via 12-2 w/ground Romex run through my attic and down inside the wall to the outlet. Two...
61
61

When ever having a new A/C installed
When ever having a new A/C installed make sure that the installer leaves a space between the evaporator and the blower unit and that he installs an access door there. That is how commercial units are...
4
4

What is this roofing material?
A lake house we're looking at has corrugated roofing panels (4x8) that look like a metal roof from a distance but, when you get close, they are about 1/4 to 3/8 inch think. Some kind of composite. The...
9
9

Okay, more questions partaining to A/C evaporator coils and condensation drip lines...
Have just installed a piece into the drip line of my home's central A/C evaporator unit that will allow me to connect a garden hose and wash out the line downstream from the evaporator, as well as...
10
10

Cypress or Pressure Treated Pine for Fences in Fla.
We've gotten estimates from 4 fence companies and want to know which is better for Florida -- cypress or pressure treated pine. We get both opinions from the 4. Also, do all fence posts need to be...
4
4

Painting galvanized fence posts
I am moving a fence and after working on it for awhile, I don't think the original plan of taking the old ones and replanting them is going to work. The original ones are black. The replacement black...
5
5

Wiremold Mount for Ceiling Fan
We are moving to an apartment where we do not have access to the space above the ceiling. Is there a recommended method of using wiremold fittings to mount a ceiling fan? TIA
14
14

Six fans running at all times
Six fans running at all times I was at friends on Sunday, and it was 94 out and their AC was on, and it was comfortable in the house, and they also had on 6 fans on the first floor. (Perhaps more in...
44
44

Please help with basement insulation
After finding out I had termites I also found mold in my basement! A section of my basement is above ground and insulated by the builder with fiberglass and the vapor barrier on the inside of the...
15
15

Fluorescent Tube Disposal
Got three dead 48" tubes from my shop lights. What's the right method for disposal?
51
51

Lennox G61MPV Fan Won't Run
I had this furnace and an XC-15 air conditioner installed 3 years ago. No issues until now. We leave the blower on all summer to help circulate to our warmer 2nd floor, but I noticed it wasn't on...
11
11

Comic for the group
Saw this go by as I was taking my daily reality antidote on the comics websites, and thought y'all would enjoy it.
6
6