Subject Author Posted Replies

How do I remove the blade from my Black & Decker electric lawn mower?
How do I remove the blade from my Black & Decker electric lawn mower? Before anyone complains, yes, I've already looked on google, and what it says is "Remove the nut that holds the blade"! Duh. (And...
35
35

Commentary on Housing Prices
One of the proposed solutions is state owned housing. Of course, get the government involved. <> There are several houses going up in a nearby town. Two story, with maybe six bedrooms and six baths or...
8
8

OT. Fedex and Nuro
Now Fedex is testing Nuro for package delivery <> There must be some silly situations where humans just wave another through and these things will just sit there. Imagine four of them pulling up to a...
2
2

Bad 3-Way Switch-- Again
A couple of years ago, I replaced a pair of little-used (and only during the summer) standard 20 amp Leviton 3-way toggle light switches controlling a Hunter Original ceiling fan because at least one...
55
55

OT. Montana Overrun
by New Yorkers according to this article. <> Maybe there's a job opening or two translating New York speak into English. Flathead Lake Lodge, in Bigfork, Montana, near Whitefish, lies at the foothills...
11
11

OT: Rise in pitch at the end of every sentence
Why do some people raise their voice at the end of every sentence? It sounds like they're asking a question. Glaswegians and Australians are particularly bad for it. Are they unsure of everything they...
17
17

OT need advice for my neighbor
OT My neighbors say their daughter is getting married in October. They are all very conservative, especially the daughter and her fiance. And they've been following very carefully the recount in...
25
25

What happened to my cicadas?
Nepa. Bugs started to make love sounds at 5.30 am on my arrival at work. I am about 50 yards from woods. 8 oclock break and the woods are loud. I love the sound. 9.30 and it is dead silence. How could...

OT. G7 Leaders' Picture
<> This got the attention of a few comics. I didn't see any reference to the old Star Trek. "Beam me up, Scotty."...
2
2

OT: Left hand down?
Why do people say left hand down instead of left? We all know which way to turn the wheel to make the car go left, and it's the same in reverse. And if I'm reversing looking over my shoulder, one hand...
41
41

OT, a good one, animal video
A good one. ?v=ZVexJeZBllA Животные - удивительные существа, которые умеют любить и сострадать, а также способны на...

OT. Cop Misbehavior
An Arkansas cop flipped a woman's car after she slowed and activated her hazard lights. <> I don’t know if there’s anything to say about this that isn’t evident from the video...
6
6

string trimmers - auto-line-feed
I just bought a new battery powered weed whacker that has the idiotic and wasteful auto-feed feature. After an hour or two of thinking about how to disable / bypass it - a lightbulb came on and I did...
20
20

U.S. Home Values Up 2 Trillion Dollars This Year
<> The average homeowner gained more than $33,000 in equity, which represents the largest increase in at least a decade, according to a new report from CoreLogic, the property data provider.
28
28

OT: What words or phrases annoy you?
Tap instead of click. App instead of program. Fewer instead of less (even though more has no equivalent). Slowed up instead of slowed down (slow is less speed, so must be down). People who write...
273
273