Subject Author Posted Replies

Tent. $60,000 Each per Year
in San Francisco. <> It works out to $164 per tent per day. That includes bathrooms, showers, security, and three squares a day. I didn't see how many people that actually covered.
5
5

All sand crawlspace
The soil under my home is all sand to a depth of at least 12 feet. Is a plastic vapor barrier really needed? The only time I have moisture is when the plumbing develops a leak.
2
2

Are lumber prices falling?
In the last few days, I've been seeing articles online saying that lumber prices have fallen off of a cliff in the past week or two and are now down as much as 40% from their recent highs. I can't...
23
23

OT. Unidentified Flying Objects
Some things just haven't been explained. <> Government report can't explain UFOs, but offers no evidence of aliens - POLITICO
12
12

OT. Edging to Normal
I spotted this sign while aimlessly cruising. <> The pool in the nearest town is open and kids get to be kids again. They had to be kids all last fall, winter, and spring. Schools were open. It will...
2
2

Why don't all cars have mudguards?
Why don't all cars have mudguards? They stop rust under your car and they stop water sprayed up reducing visibility behind you.
127
127

Windows 11 coming soon, Windows 10 retiring from 2025
In article <5SdBI.46313$>, says... That is not what I read this morning. Windows 11 is going to take a very modern computer processor. It will install on lesser systems but not recommended. There was...
44
44

Exorcism at Home Depot
At least someone cares about the dead trees in Lackawanna County, Pennsylvania received a bizarre call on Monday that "disorderly people" were performing an exorcism "for the dead trees" at Home Depot...
2
2

OT? Building Collapse
I imagine most have seen the stories about it. <> Another article stated that the building had been settling for decades....
5
5

Whirlpool range rant
We have a two year old Whirlpool range that has been tripping circuit breakers. To make a long story short, it has been two months and range is still not working properly and we have spent over $500...
77
77

Another propane post:
Another propane post: I could see a white blob in the woods next to my house, and it ruined the view, so I went over to it, about 80 feet away, and it was a grill-size propane tank, partly embedded in...
9
9

Cast iron drain pipe
Hello, I bought an old 100+yo house and there is an addition that was built on the back of the house. Like everything else w this house, it was half-assed. The gutter was rerouted across the top of...
24
24

OT corporate renaming, trademarking, kfc
8. Lucky and GoldStar Co., Ltd became LG Electronics Korea?s LG started in 1947 as Lucky, a chemical company making cosmetics and plastics; it later started another brand called GoldStar, which sold...
3
3

palet sales on the internet
Does anyone know about the pallet sales companies that pop up on some web pages as adds ? They show a whole pallet or bin of stuff for almost nothing. The stuff seems to be returns and other...
7
7

advice on bathroom floor squeaks
Does anyone have any advice about a problem with bathroom floor sqeaks? They are around 50 odd years old and I wanted to put some new vinyl covering down. Have screwed the floorboards securely to the...