Subject Author Posted Replies

Fiber Optic Spyhole?
Here's the problem: I live in a 3 story house with a two car garage and workshop down on the ground floor. The living space begins on the second floor. I am in and out of the garage all day long and...
44
44

wiring 220volts
i have a work shop my fatherinlaw left me.he wired it 110volts from the outside panle box on the house.what do i have to do to get 220 to the shop for woodworking tools...
22
22

Icemaker for Kenmore Elite Mystery
I have a Kenmore Elite, Model 105.56709500, which has done a good job of working with minimal efforts (a few DIY filters replaced for the water and ice dispensers, coils vacuumed, etc.) towards...
2
2

What is this insect?
http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/4598/ans.jpg
6
6

Engine trouble again
My Vanguard V twin began searching, racing up and coasting down, racing up and coasting down. Like the acceleration jets were fine but the idle jet was plugged. Not so. It has a fuel solenoid on the...
5
5

removing vinyl tile and direct heat
I have some old commercial vinyl tile I'm taking up. I've noticed this is impossible without adding heat. How is this typically done. The electric heat gun was slow and hot! Currently I'm leaving an...
15
15

How do you tell good carpet from bad carpet?
I need to carpet my house. I went to a few stores today and talked with the sales guys. The price of carpet seems to be related more to the store image than the quality of the carpet. One guy...
52
52

another cartoon for the group
Hope this link keeps working past midnight... another one to try: (The black&white version) http://imgsrv.gocomics.com/dim/?fh=b2361e23dfd539367d841e265ffe7511&w=450.0...
1
1

Seeking advice on insulating a floor from the crawlspace below.
I have to insulate the floor in an older ranch house. It will be done from underneath, which is a crawl space. (Ugh.) Anyway, considering the usual array of pipes, electrical wires, and cross-bracing...
13
13

The working man wins where it counts in the end... this article is on that topic.
The collapse phase lasts 2 generations or so. A closer look shows that its way worse than it appears on the surface... The current situation is a moral outrage.... and unsustainable, govt pay and...
1
1

Amenities found in upscale homes
I have a lifelong background in real estate and am now retired. I'd enjoy discussing the differences in upscale single family residences found in various parts of the country, if anyone is interested....
13
13

Mixer Motors
Don't ever buy a motor without seeing it run. Don't ask me how I know. I have an older style cement mixer. The bowl is 24" diameter at its widest, and 24" deep, although conical somewhat. It has a big...
6
6

Storing A/C intake filters
Hi Do filters store well when wrapped in plastic? If buying a six pack and each filter lasts 60 days, that's three year's worth. Will they keep for three years? Thanks, Sam
14
14

FiltersFast
Hi, Do filters vary in quality? Will I be disappointed if I buy filters for Theirs are much cheaper than Filtrete and they claim that they are more efficient. What's the downside? Thanks! Sam
11
11

Hot Dog Saw Tested on Finger
Caught a show called Time Warp on Discovery last night. never seen the show before. Couple of guys do extremely high speed video of all kinds of things. 1000fps 10,000fps range. They had the guy with...
106
106