Subject Author Posted Replies

Need advise on buying a drill press.
I took on a job to cut some 5/16=94 precision holes in stainless steel pipe. I never had to be this precise so I never needed a drill press before but now I do. I did all the research and understand...
32
32

Radiator pipe over electric panel
Dear Readers, My house was built in 1950's. Directly over the (original) main electrical fuse panel in the basement is a pipe that goes to the 1sr floor baseboard (all original plumbing). And I mean...
19
19

Proper Use of Extension Cords
Howdy, Got a new generator and don't want to be unsafe with running cords. My question(s) is, I have a 50' 10g 20 amp ex cord and want to know is it ok to connect a smaller gauge ex cord to this 10g...
5
5

Rubber Vs Plastic/Vinyl Garden Hoses ?
Hello, It seems that the normal plastic/vinyl garden hoses get made cheaper and cheaper each year. Usually, in years past, it was at the fittings that started to leak on mine first. The ones I bought...
12
12

Best solder free electrical connection
And 63/37 even lower.
250
250

Colortime paint turning into cheeze
I have some Colortime paint which I bought at Walmart. I have about 2 of 5 gallons left after 3 weeks. I noticed that the paint is turning it a cheezy consistency. Is there something I can do to make...
44
44

retrofit old air conditioner's thermostat?
I have an old air conditioner that uses non electronic temperature control. It exhibits a large hysterisis. In other words, there is a large temperature difference between when the pump kicks in, and...
4
4

Work at home
Cuz your house goes with you: OR Now you can work at home during your Staycation! Now you can work at home during your Staycation!

Fun Sticker
TinyURL was created! The following URL: s-corgi-gas-/130328774993?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts has a length of 108 characters and resulted in the following TinyURL which has a length of 26 characters:
1
1

Alternative to Muriatic acid?
I'm in the process of working on my garage including filling in some cracks running through the garage floor. My plan is to use self leveling cement to fill in the cracks and make the floor level. I'm...
25
25

OT a little more BP
OT a little more BP Remmber my complaint a month or two ago about the commercial with the black guy, who said, "We won't do things perfect every time." They took off that commercial, I figured,...
14
14

Foundation Repair (or not?)
My house is in the New Orleans area, 35 years old, and built on a slab. A house nearby had serious foundation issues but I believe mine are relatively minor. Around 10 years ago we replaced the carpet...
1
1

Garden Hose Reels ?
Hi, Anyone have any opinions re what brand to consider, what to stay away from, on garden hose reels. The kind with the wheels. The ones I'ver seen that are under $ 50 or so all seem to be really...
14
14

Swimming Pool Sand Filter ? Cloudy water on start up.
For those that responded to the last post: The pool is running exceptionally well with the Phos-Free. Nice, clear and no algae. I'm still shocking weekly, but with half as much chlorine, and I dump...
2
2

Ideas on killing ants.
First I would see what the ants were coming to then I would take it away and put Grants ant traps in it=92s place. The ants would eat the poison and die off in a few days. Now they still eat the...
25
25