Subject Author Posted Replies

First Alert FA-210 panel keeps beeping
Hi, I have a 10 year old First Alert FA-210 panel which shows LO BAT off and on, but there is no zone number info. Sometimes the panel will keep beeping until I press any key on the keypad to turn the...
27
27

My sewer got clogged while I was on vacation.
On various occasions over the past 30 years, I have had partial blockages in my sewer pipe which have caused the basement toilet to gurgle and bubble when the 2nd floor toilet is flushed. I snaked it...
3
3

Hollow Core Door Damage
I was horsing around and put a hole in the hollow core door to one of the rooms in our castle. Is there a way of repairing said damage (crushed in 1/8" X 4")? The Ranger
25
25

Do It Yourself -- Not
"More than half of young people lack the skills they need to maintain their homes, with many relying on their parents to carry out basic tasks, a survey suggested today. "Around 50 per cent of people...
63
63

What Color Baseboards Should I Have?
I am in the process of installing new cabinets in my bathrooms. At first, I was going to put in opal oak (also called bleached oak) as that is what I have now. I had a cabinet maker here today, and he...
23
23

Got it fixed!!!
Me too !!! ======================================================== Remove the ZZZ from my E-mail address to send me E-mail.
12
12

New American Standard Champion4 toilet question
Yesterday my neighbor, who has a home improvement business, installed this toilet for me. I do like it but how can we stop the valve from constantly turning off and on?? About every 15 seconds or so...
18
18

Plans for detached screen house?
I'm considering a detached screen house as part of our landscaping projects for next year. This is in central MN; our lot is about 2.5 acres and 1/2 of that is wetland so we have lots of mosquitoes....
13
13

Old power tools increase in value
I think old power tools will increase in value as time passes. It's not the antique value, but rather the fact that they no longer make affordable decent power tools. For example, have you tried to...
12
12

blowing out a water line
i just installed a 1/2 inch pvc water line for a new hose outlet and would like to blow the water out for the winter months...what kind of connection should i use to hook up my air compressor to the...
10
10

Bathtub Material
Cast iron, fiberglass or plastic (acrylic) ... any experiences ... good or bad would be appreciated. Thanks.
2
2

3/4" water main meter valves
the water company is coming out to replace their old meter. I think I will replace the valves that leak when turned off at the same time. I have two, one coming from the water "main" and one right...
23
23

Painting-Cutting in a ceiling
Has anyone used a pad type paint edger to cut in a ceiling ? Does it work or just put paint on the ceiling while edging the walls ?
10
10

Soldering directly to button battery
I'm replacing a small button battery (CR 2032) with two AAA batteries, I'm intending to leave the old discharged button battery in its place and solder the leads from the AAA batteries directly on to...
55
55

How to attach a stud wall to concrete blocks
I have a concrete block wall and on the inside of it I want to layer in a 2x4 wood studded wall. What is the best way to attach the bottom plate and studs to the block wall? Thanks in advance, MC
5
5