Subject Author Posted Replies

mineral spirits vs paint thinner
When do you use one as opposed to the other? Which should I use to thin polyurethane?
7
7

Lawn mower engines
I'm in the market for a 21" or 22" self-propelled, front drive, walk-behind mower. The most commons engines are B&S and Honda, but models with the Honda engine (like some in the Craftsman lineup) cost...
19
19

multimeter frequency counters
I've had various multimeters over the years; the last two have a frequency counter setting, which might sometimes come in useful - if I knew how to use it :-) The manual for the current one is no...
7
7

Pressure Washer parts
I've got an Excell 2100psi 6HP, 2 GPM gas washer with just the hose (with a threaded connector). I need to get the house ready for painting. The trip to HD to get the parts was exasperating. I'm...
2
2

Overhead bleach dispenser / injector
Get George!
6
6

Should you really carpet the top step.
We are in the process of carpeting the steps to the basement, but if the top step (the one that is level with the first floor) were to be covered with carpet (just the first 2-3 inches) would create a...
30
30

Air Compressor Oil
X-post to A.H.R and A.B.C. I bought a new air compressor and received it today from HF. It's a Central Pneumatic 2 HP, 8 gallon, 115 psi. It replaces a CH compressor that went belly up. My main use...
28
28

Any quick recessed fluorescent bulbs
We have 7 cans in our kitchen and the heat from the incandescent bulbs is amazing. I'd really like to be able to switch to fluorescent, but I've tried GE, Philips, and several other brands and all...
3
3

Cordless Weed Whacker Problem?
I have a two year old, not heavily used, 18volt Sears Cordless Weed Trimmer whose battery won't hold a charge for longer than 5 minutes. Any thoughts on anything I could be doing wrong? Thanks!
8
8

Looking for LCD wall mount
Anyone have a Sony KDL40ex400 LCD mounted on the wall. I read that i need 2 3/8" clearance behind it. The salesman says i can use a Low profile Mount. Which is right ? Monoprice keeps sugestioning...
9
9

Junction Box Trouble
When I took out the walls of the bathroom I am working on, I found a junction box with five wires running to it. Here is a picture. power to the junction box is routed from the switch that runs the...
5
5

Bathroom Remodel
I just finished removing all the drywall, the sink and toilet from this small upstairs bathroom. I am trying to decide whether to replace or repair/refinish the old cast iron bathtub that is already...
37
37

Fluor. And Starting Problem
Hello, Put ujp a light in my shop about 2 years ago. Two bulb Fluor. fixture from HD. Wasn't all that expensive, but not the cheapest either, if I remember right. Anyway, from the get-go, it would...
8
8

The crazy things you see a Home Depot
I was in the electrical dept the other day having some wire cut. A lady pushing a cart comes along to ask the guy, who from all indications didn't know much, which wire is the right one to use to hook...
54
54

Carrier/Bryant heat exchanger class action
I'm wondering if anyone has had any luck getting service under this class action settlement. I have a 350MAV060120 AAKA furnace which started giving problems in early spring. It came with a lifetime...
13
13